Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry. Baked camembert with honey, rosemary and thyme, step by step. Unroll one pre-rolled sheet of puff pastry, leaving it on the paper it came wrapped in. Drizzle liberally with honey and sprinkle with chopped rosemary and thyme.
Ingredients of Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry
- It’s 125 grams of Camembert ronde.
- You need 1 tsp of plum jam.
- It’s 1 slice of frozen puff pastry thawed.
- It’s 1/3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
Tear off each twist of pastry and dip it into the cheese, or use a spoon to scoop the cheese out onto the pastry if you prefer. Brush the pastry around the cheese with some beaten egg. Recipe with video instructions: Ham wrapped, whole camembert in a delicious pastry parcel. Learn how to wrap and seal the cheese and fruit mixture, and get tips for decorating the top before you bake it to golden perfection.
Baked Camembert in Puff Pastry instructions
- Place teaspoon of plum jam in centre of sheet of frozen puff pastry.
- Place Camembert ronde on top of plum jam.
- Finely slice 1/3 clove of garlic and place on top of cheese.
- Fold pastry over Camembert fully enclosing it and place parcel seam-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Beat egg yolk and brush parcel all over.
- Bake in 200? oven for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Serve with crackers and grapes or summer fruits, even better serve with a glass of Botritis wine.
Serve warm with crackers and bread. Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface. Place the camembert wheel in the center of the puff pastry then sprinkle the cheese top with thyme. Fold the pastry up to cover the cheese. Trim the excess pastry, which can be used to decorate the pastry.