Sausage in Puffed Pastry. Whether you want a grab and go breakfast idea or a nice addition to a brunch menu or a quick appetizer, these sausage rolls are simple to make and super flavorful! Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured. Lay meat along the long edge of the pastry and roll until pastry slightly overlaps.
Ingredients of Sausage in Puffed Pastry
- Prepare 1/2 pound of pork.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 2 stalks of celery.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 pkg of Puff pastry.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregeno.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley.
More sophisticated than the classic repcie but still easily made. Perfect when paired with the mustard beer dipping sauce Defrost the puff pastry dough. You will only need one sheet for this. In a large bowl mix together the sausage, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste until all the seasonings are well distributed throughout.
Sausage in Puffed Pastry step by step
- In a food processor mix ground pork, onion, celery, 2 eggs and spices..
- Using one sheet of pastry, lay half of ground pork mixture in centre of the pastry, leaving room at the ends to pinch pastry together..
- Fold over pastry. Wet ends of pastry with a little water and pinch ends closed with a fork..
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the second piece of pastry..
- Brush top and sides of pastry with beaten egg..
- Place in 375 degree Celsius oven for 30 min..
- Let set for 5 min before cutting. Serve with a fresh side salad. Enjoy!.
Roll out all the puff pastry into one large. Yep, these Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls, and boy am I glad that they were. They are incredibly flavorful, and still super simple to make. Sausage Rolls can be served hot or even room temperature which makes them a great take along for parties. Shape each into a cylinder the same length as the pastry.