AMIEs Pastry Cream. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla or lemon extract and gradually pour the hot. Today, with a degree from the Institute of Culinary Education, Amie is on a mission to share her love for authentic pastries.
Ingredients of AMIEs Pastry Cream
- You need 9 of egg yolks.
- You need 350 grams of sugar.
- You need 80 grams of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 liter of fresh milk (hot).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla or lemon extract.
In the afternoon, Brooke will take us through the first steps of making sourdough bread, talk through fermentation and how to create your own starter. Pastry Cream: Whisk egg yolks, sugar and flour; pour in part of the milk in order to obtain a smooth cream; add grated lemon peel, salt and the remaining milk very slowly. Cook over moderate heat and keep mixing until thickened. Bonus Recipes: Caramel and whipped Chantilly Cream.
AMIEs Pastry Cream step by step
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until pale and creamy. Stir in the flour. Add the vanilla or lemon extract and gradually pour the hot milk into the yolk mixture, stirring to combine. Return mixture to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring until thickened, for about 3-4 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Cover with a piece of baking paper to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cooled..
Blend butter and sugar, until creamy. Add milk and mascarpone, stir gently until well blended. See up-to-date pricelists and view recent announcements for this location. Eclairs–puff pastry glazed in chocolate and filled with pastry cream. Choux–puff pastry filled with pastry cream.