Vanilla and Chocolate Cream Pie with a Chocolate Lined Pastry Crust. It's chocolate pudding, set in pie crust, topped with whipped cream. You could use pudding from a box, a store-bought graham cracker crust and cover the whole thing with Reddi-wip. Vanilla and Chocolate Cream Pie with a Chocolate Lined Pastry Crust step by step.
Ingredients of Vanilla and Chocolate Cream Pie with a Chocolate Lined Pastry Crust
- You need 1 of cooked and cooled 9 inche pie pastry shell.
- It’s 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 of FOR VANILLA CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 5 large of egg yolks, beaten well.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of FOR CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 5 large of egg yolks, beaten.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 oz of finely chopped unsweetened chocolate.
- You need 1 of FOR WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- It’s 1/4 cup of or more chocolate shavings.
This pastry is very similar to classic pie dough to work with. The main difference comes in the texture and flavor. Cream cheese dough is a little lighter in texture – slightly less crisp but nicely tender. In the past I've made Twix Pie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie, Coconut Kiss Brownie Pies, Carrot Cake Pie, a Candy Bar Brownie Pie, and this NO BAKE Chocolate Cream Pie is a perfect addition to that list.
Vanilla and Chocolate Cream Pie with a Chocolate Lined Pastry Crust step by step
- LINE PIE CRUST WITH CHOCOLATE.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave bowl just untl spreadable about 60 seconds, depending on your microwave wattage. With a pastry brush paint entire crust with thi layer of chocolate, chill to harden..
- MAKE VANILLA CREAM.
- Whisk in a medium saucepan the sugar, cornstarch and salt, slowly whisk in milk until smooth, bring to a warm simmer, remove from heat and scrape sides and bottom with a rubber spatula. Add egg yolks and whisking at all times return to heat, bring to a simmer, cook 1 minute remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla, stir until butter melts, cool to room temperature stirring to prevent a crust or allowing to set,pour into chocolate lined crust, cover top of vanilla cream with plastic wrap and chill..
- MAKE CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLING.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan, slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Heat over medium heat just to a simmer, remove fron heat and scrape all sides, whisk in yolks whisking at all time, return to heat when it just starts to simmer cook 1 minute, remove from heat, whisk in butter, vanilla and chopped chocolate, stir until choclate melts.Cool in bowl, stirring to prevent a crust from forming or becoming set, just until room temperature. Remove plastic wrap from vanilla layer of pie and pour and carefully cover chilled vanilla cream. Chill 8 hours or best overnight. Top with whipped cream before serving.
- For whipped cream topping.
- In a chilled bowl whip cold cream until soft peaks, add confectoners sugar and vanilla, beat until stiff. Spread over chocolate cream layer of pie..
- Garnish with chocolate shavings. Keep chilled..
With this Chocolate Mousse Pie with Toasted Coconut Crust, coconut combines with a cool, creamy chocolate filling for one fantastic pie that's also easy to make. Making the chocolate mousse filling for this pie is quite easy and quick, needing just four ingredients. Combine the chocolate wafers, sugar and butter in bowl of food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until the cookies are finely crushed. Stir together the remaining sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. For this sweet, gooey, luscious pie, chocolate chips are poured into a pastry-lined pie pan.