Baked pears in puff pastry. Starting at the bottom of a pear, wrap a pastry strip around pear, adding additional strips until pear is completely wrapped in pastry. Repeat with remaining pears and puff pastry. Puff Pastry Cinnamon Baked Pears are an easy, yet fancy and delicious fall dessert.
Ingredients of Baked pears in puff pastry
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 50 gms of unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inches pieces.
- It’s 3-5 tablespoons of ice water.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Ingredients for making the baked pears in puff pastry.
- Prepare 2 of Pears.
- Prepare Sheet of Puff Pastry dough.
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s 5 tsp of Nutella.
- Prepare of chocolate sauce for drizzling.
Brush pears all over with egg wash. Encase bottom of pear with square puff pastry. Beginning at the bottom, wrap puff pastry strip around pear, leaving stem exposed. Lightly brush puff pastry exterior with egg wash.
Baked pears in puff pastry step by step
- Blend together flour, butter, and salt in a bowl with your fingertips or a pastry blender, just until mixture resembles coarse meal with some roughly pea-size butter lumps..
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water evenly over mixture and gently stir with a fork until incorporated..
- Squeeze a small handful: If it doesn't hold together, add more ice water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, stirring until incorporated, then test again. Do not overwork dough or pastry will be tough..
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions. With heel of your hand, smear each portion once or twice in a forward motion to help distribute fat. Gather dough together, with a pastry scraper if you have one, and press into a 5-inch disk. Chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, until firm, at least 1 hour..
- Rinse the pears under running water. Pat them dry with clean kitchen towel. Cut each one in half lengthwise. Remove any hard parts and scoop out the seeds by creating a dent where the Nutella filling will go. Place each pear half onto rolled out puff pastry dough, cut side down. Leave enough space in between each one of them. Cut out the pastry around each pear making sure the cut out pastry is at least 0.5 inch (1.3 cm) wider than the pears. Use the leftover pastry to cut out leaves..
- 2 leaves per pear. Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut them out. With the knife, make some indentation in each leaf, so it looks like veins..
- Take each pear and fill the dent with Nutella. Place it back onto the puff pastry (cut side down) and press down slightly. Brush the exposed puff pastry areas with milk..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F/200°C for 10 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Serve them with chocolate sauce..
Then fill the pears with almond mixture and add a chunk of brie cheese and lay pear cut side down onto pastry. Once your tart is fully baked and cooled, brush some heated apple jelly on the pears and tart crust. The easy appetizer recipe has a rich pear filling made with sherry, brown sugar, and nutmeg. This mixture gives the pears a vibrant and sweeter flavor. The pear mixture is nicely complemented by the brie placed on top.