Country Breakfast Pizza. There are lots of breakfast pizzas. This country sausage breakfast pizza tops mini prepared crusts with breakfast favorites: homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and cheese. This Breakfast Pizza recipe from Delish.com is the best.
Ingredients of Country Breakfast Pizza
- It’s 1 lb of mild pork sausage.
- You need 1 can of Pillsbury refrigerator pizza crust, thin.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper to taste.
- It’s 12 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of simply potatoes southern hash browns.
- You need 3 of eggs.
With biscuits for the crust and homemade bacon gravy as the sauce what more. For the best traditional country breakfast, visit Cracker Barrel for good homestyle cooking and classic breakfast meals. I used to make this when I worked for a gas station/pizza place so I could sell it by the slice to the early morning rush. Large enough to feed a crowd and perfect to take as your breakfast throughout the week!
Country Breakfast Pizza step by step
- Begin by making the sausage gravy. In a deep frying pan, add the sausage and brown and crumble until no longer pink..
- Without draining the grease, add the flour and milk and continuously stir to create the gravy. Season with pepper. Remove from heat..
- On a cookie sheet unroll the pizza dough and fit to the pan. Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Spread the gravy in a thin layer on dough..
- Top with 3/4 of the cheese..
- Sprinkle on the hash browns in an even thin layer..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Place into oven and bake for 12 minutes..
- Remove from oven and gently crack the 3 eggs onto the pizza. Reduce heat in oven to 395°F. Put back in oven and bake until eggs are cooked (about 8 minutes or so)..
- Let set for 3 minutes to firm up. Serve and enjoy..
Breakfast in pizza form with sausage, mushrooms, and eggs! From Erica Kastner of Buttered Side Up. Breakfast pizza is a quick and easy eye-opener that appeals to all ages. I used to make this bacon pizza for my morning drivers when I worked at a delivery place. Breakfast Pizza Adapted, barely, from The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook via an earlier version of it.