Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Make pizza healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust recipe. I was planning to share a quinoa, kale and tofu skillet recipe this morning, however plans changed after I had one bite of the pizza I made last night for dinner. You will never guess this rich, grain-free pizza crust is made with cauliflower instead of flour.
Ingredients of Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- It’s 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
- You need 1-1/3 cup of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- You need 10 slices of turkey pepperoni.
The cauliflower pizza crust also freezes well for later. Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza If you are on a weight-management diet, this insanely delicious pizza will help you get through it. I am using pepperoni as a baseline, but obviously you can put whatever toppings on that you like. The main take away here is that it is a low carb option to those delicious Totino's Party Pizzas.
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish, uncovered. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool, then mic in 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, egg, and salt..
- Form cauliflower mixture into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick, into a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan..
- Bake until edges are browned, about 20 minutes..
- Top crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella, and pepperoni..
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes..
For comparison sake, we'll look some of the best-selling pizza crust brands on Amazon, like Boboli and Cali'flower Foods. The chart below shows how some of the most popular regular crust brands stack up compared to cauliflower pizza crust brands. Tops Friendly Markets provides groceries to your local community. Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Return cauliflower to the bowl, and add remaining crust ingredients.