Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Our Whole Grain Pizza Crusts are always made with freshly sprouted whole grains. Made with sprouted grains to keep it delicious, nutritious, and easy to digest. Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of white bread flour.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
So easy and great for our fmaily of pizza lovers. I even tried freezing the individual pizza shells between layers of parchment paper WITHOUT freezing them seperately first, and it worked just fine.be careful when unpeeling the paper from the frozen shells, but this does save one more step for you busy cooks! This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious. This recipe gives a soft textured pizza base crust and one which is crisp from outside after getting baked.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough instructions
- In a small bowl, disolve a teaspoon of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for approximately 10 minutes until mixture starts to bubble..
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup each of white bread flour and whole wheat flour. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and using a wooden spoon, mix until you form a dough. Gradually add 1 cup of water as you mix..
- Lightly flour your countertop and hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Place dough back in bowl. Cover up the bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour..
- Once dough has risen press down on it with your fist to release air that has built up during the rising process..
- Done!! Prepare with your favorite toppings or freeze for up to 3 months..
There is no denseness or chewiness felt in the pizza bread crust. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until evenly combined. In a large bowl, combine lukewarm water, yeast and honey. Add in the olive oil, whole wheat flour and salt stirring with a spoon until the dough comes together but is still sticky. If you choose you can let the dough rise but I just divide the dough and half and roll out one on my pizza stone.