Pork-Wrapped Daikon Radish with Yakiniku Sauce. Daikon Soup is one of the staple soups in most Taiwanese home cooked meals. There are also many other Chinese Daikon Soup variations as well. Pickled Daikon Radish, Carrot and Cucumber.
Ingredients of Pork-Wrapped Daikon Radish with Yakiniku Sauce
- You need of Daikon radish.
- It’s of Thinly sliced pork.
- It’s of to 4 tablespoons Yakiniku sauce (bottled).
- Prepare of Katakuriko.
A simple braised white radish (daikon) becomes a surprisingly tasty dish when cooked in a thick soy flavoured sauce with pork mince (ground pork). The daikon is cooked until it becomes semi-transparent and tender. The meat sauce has a typical Japanese flavour with dashi, soy sauce, sake. Pour the cream sauce into a blender and add grated horseradish.
Pork-Wrapped Daikon Radish with Yakiniku Sauce instructions
- Cut the daikon radish into 5 mm thick slices..
- Cut the slices into sticks..
- Microwave the daikon radish for 2 minutes. Wrap several sticks in a slice of pork. and coat lightly with katakuriko..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Put the pork and daikon radish rolls in seam side down. Brown on all sides over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes..
- When the rolls are cooked through add the yakiniku sauce, and continue cooking while coating the rolls in the sauce..
Blend the ingredients together and then strain through a fine sieve. Add salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste. Slice radishes and use for garnish. This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. Beef, pork, chicken are usually thinly sliced for quick grilling and are grilled indoors.