Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes. Say hello to the most over-the-top sloppy joe of all time. We're talking gooey cheese and smoky bacon in every crevice. Oh, and did we mention there's beer?
Ingredients of Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Du brauchst 1 lb of ground beef (i use a 80/20 mix).
- Du brauchst 6 slice of smoked bacon.
- Es ist 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper (any color).
- Du brauchst 1 of jalapeño seeded and diced.
- Du brauchst 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Es ist 1/2 cup of tomato ketchup (your choice).
- Es ist 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce.
- Du brauchst 1/4 cup of water.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp of prepared yellow mustard (your choice).
- Bereiten 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Es ist 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Du brauchst 1 packages of shredded cheese (your choice).
- Bereiten 4 of toasted hamburger buns.
This recipe is definitely a treat for meat lovers like me. In about half an hour, I can already enjoy this cheesy meaty goodness. I usually serve the flavored beef on freshly toasted buns or sliced bread with extra. Gearing up for the big game?
Cheesy Bacon Sloppy Joes Schritt für Schritt
- Over medium heat, brown ground beef and put in colander to drain..
- While ground beef is draining, cook bacon until crisp. Leaving bacon drippings in the pan, remove bacon and set aside to drain on paper towels..
- Using same pan with bacon drippings, sauté onions jalapeño pepper, bell pepper, salt and pepper until soft. 5-7 minute's. Adding garlic during last minute or so..
- Return ground beef back to pan adding : ketchup, BBQ sauce, water, prepared yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Combine well..
- Crumble up reserved bacon slices and add to mixture..
- Simmer covered over low heat 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally. If thicker sauce is desired, uncover during last 10 minutes of simmering..
- Serve on buns of your choice topping with shredded cheese. Topping ideas: pickle slices, extra bacon slices, etc .You can substitute a chipotle pepper for the jalapeño..
- Recipe doubles very easy for a larger family and freezes very well. Enjoy.
Put these Cheesy Beer and Bacon Sloppy Joe Sliders on your game day menu and score big with friends and fellow football fanatics! Like many of you, especially my fellow Texans, football was a big part of our fall festivities. But it tastes better than canned Sloppy Joe. jagruber says Very good, easy to make. We used thin buns, as part of a low carb diet. I love these Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes so much!