Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲. Made this for tonight's meal, along with some canned, seasoned mixed greens. The only thing I tweaked on here was, I used two packages of onion soup mix, since I used this big of a pan. Are y'all ready to make a seriously budget-friendly #pork dinner?
Ingredients of Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲
- Bereiten 1 of pork loin steak.
- Du brauchst 1 of large onion.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of groundnut or rapeseed oil.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of soft brown sugar.
- Bereiten 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Du brauchst of ⚫.
- Es ist of ⚫ Gravy⚫.
- Bereiten 3/4 liter (1 1/2 pints) of hot water.
- Es ist 1 of beef OXO cube.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of beef gravy granules.
- Es ist 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Es ist of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
My Onion Gravy Smothered Steak is one of those recipes. There's just something so comforting about beef smothered in a hearty, rich onion gravy. Betty Crocker's Heart Healthy Cookbook shares a recipe! Looking for a classic pork dinner?
Tex's Pork Steak in Onion Gravy 🐷🍲 Schritt für Schritt
- Heat a skillet to a high temperature until smoking..
- Brush the pork with the oil. Use an oil with a high smoke point, not olive oil or butter. Fry in the pan for 4 minutes each side, then remove and set aside to rest. If your meat starts to curl, place a saucepan half-filled with water to hold it flat, ensuring even cooking..
- Remove the pork from the pan and allow to rest. Turn the heat down to low, add the oil and butter. Slice the onion quite thickly. Cook low and slow for 5 minutes then add the sugar and half of the vinegar to encourage caramelisation. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking prep the gravy. In a jug, stir all the ingredients into the hot water and allow to sit until the onions are done..
- Deglaze the pan by adding the rest of the vinegar and scraping the bottom with a metal spatula. Put the meat back into the pan, increase the heat to medium low, then stir in ¾ of the gravy. Bring to a nice simmer stirring all the time, then cook for a further 10 minutes turning the steak once until nicely reduced..
- If your gravy starts to thicken too much add some more from the jug. When it's just the right consistency cover the pan and remove from the heat. If your pan doesn't have a lid, use a lid from another pan or aluminium foil. Set to one side while you prep your veg..
- I'm serving mine with homemade baked beans, with butter and rosemary glazed baked potatoes, so I allow the meat and gravy to cool until the veg is about 5 minutes away from being done, then I put it back on a low heat, still covered, and reheat, stirring frequently. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340414-texs-killer-baked-beans-in-tomato-sauce-%F0%9F%8D%B2%F0%9F%8D%85.
- When your veg is ready, season, plate up, serve, and devour.
Then check out these browned chops served in smooth onion flavored gravy – a delightful skillet meal! Put pork steak in skillet and cover with water. Peel potatoes and put on top of meat. Peel potatoes and put on top of meat. Pour package of onion soup mix over top.