Calico Beans. Pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, and lima beans mix it up with browned ground beef and bacon in a sweet and Nutritional Information. This calico beans recipe was a household favorite growing up. Calico beans get their name from the mixture of colors of all the different types of beans used that represents a multicolored, calico cat.
Ingredients of Calico Beans
- Es ist 1/2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Es ist 1/2 lb of Pork Sausage.
- Es ist 1/2 lb of Bacon.
- Du brauchst 1/2 of Onion Chopped.
- Bereiten 1 Can of Butter Beans (Drained & Rinsed).
- Du brauchst 1 Can of Light Red Kidney Beans (Drained & Rinsed).
- Bereiten 1 Can of Great Northern Beans (Drained & Rinsed).
- Bereiten 1 Can of Pork n Beans.
- Es ist 1/2 Cup of Barbecue Sauce of Choice.
- Bereiten 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Es ist 1 tsp of Salt.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of Dry Mustard.
- Es ist 1 tsp of Hickory Liquid Smoke.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Looking for an amazing Baked Beans recipe? These calico beans are always a hit! Ground beef, a tomato-based or barbecue sauce, and a variety of beans are. Welcome to the Calico Bean Market, the BEST bulk food, peanut butter, sprinkles, ground coffee, sauces, snacks and more!
Calico Beans Anleitung
- Brown ground beef and pork sausage. Drain fat. Add onion and cook until translucent..
- Cook bacon and chop into small pieces..
- Add meat, onions and bacon to a large pot or slow cooker if you prefer. Add remaining ingredients and stir until mixed well..
- Cook over medium heat until hot..
We are proudly based in Dubuque, Iowa and this is our online store. Five types of beans–including kidney beans and butter beans–and bacon make this healthy recipe a potluck picnic favorite. She said it was her go-to dish for potlucks. Beans are done when they can be easily mashed with a fork – make sure to test a few in case they have not cooked evenly. Combine all of your favorite beans for our Calico Beans recipe.