Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf. Brush loaf with all of glaze, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. This bacon wrapped and cheese filled meatloaf is perfect for someone who is not on a low calorie diet. This was my first time making this and I have made it.
Ingredients of Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of oil.
- Du brauchst 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Bereiten 1 of garlic clove, finely chopped.
- Es ist 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- Es ist 60 ml of ketchup.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Bereiten 300 g of minced beef.
- Es ist 300 g of minced pork.
- Es ist 60 g of fresh breadcrumbs.
- Es ist 1-2 tsp of dried sage.
- Du brauchst 1-2 tsp of crushed bay leaves.
- Es ist 1 of egg.
- Es ist 45 ml of plain yogurt.
- Es ist 3 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Es ist 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Es ist 1 of carrot, grated.
- Du brauchst of salt, and white and/or black pepper.
- Bereiten 5-6 rashers of streaky smoked bacon.
Meatloaf is practically synonymous with American cuisine and belongs in every cook's repertoire. A traditional meatloaf recipe is made with seasoned ground beef combined. The bacon imparts a wonderful smoky flavor and helps keep the meat nice and juicy. 🥓. This Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe is a must for the bacon-lovers in your life.
Bacon-wrapped Meatloaf Schritt für Schritt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, celery and garlic. Avoid browning..
- Mix the ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar together in a small bowl. This is for glazing the meatloaf before cooking..
- Place the two meats and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, add the herbs and season with plenty of salt and white and black pepper..
- Add the onion, celery and garlic mixture to the bowl of meat with the dried herbs, half a teaspoon of salt and some white and or black pepper..
- In another bowl mix together the egg, yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce..
- Add the egg mixture to the bowl of meat, together with the grated carrot. Mix together well, with your hands is best. Cook a tiny piece in the onion pan to check the seasoning. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3..
- Line a baking tray that has sides with baking parchment or foil, then shape the mixture into a loaf shape inside it. Brush with the ketchup mixture, then cover with bacon, tucking the ends underneath the loaf..
- Brush the top and sides with more ketchup glaze, then place in the oven. Cook for an hour and 20 minutes until browned and sizzling. I turned the heat up to 180C/Gas 4 for the last 20 minutes of cooking time..
- Allow the meatloaf to stand for 15-20 minutes while you cook accompaniments. I served with onion gravy, mashed potato and carrot, and steamed cabbage. Lovely..
Using pre-cooked bacon strips results in less grease and a prettier presentation. I know meatloaf isn't the most popular choice when it comes to dinner, but my family loves a good meatloaf. This Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf has plenty of flavor, thanks to. What's more comforting and satisfying than meatloaf? How about meatloaf wrapped in bacon, seasoned perfectly, and dowsed with a rich, creamy gravy?