Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham. This Pinto Beans Recipe with Ham Hocks is a true Southern Comfort Food delicacy! Dried pinto beans are soaked then simmered with meaty ham hocks and flavors galore reaching tender thick perfection! This is truly the best country meal, just like Black Eyed Peas, you will ever have!
Ingredients of Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham
- Du brauchst 2 pounds of pinto beans.
- Du brauchst 6 of ham slices (I use already cooked).
- Du brauchst 4 cups of water.
- Du brauchst 1/2 cup of Mustard (secret ingredient).
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of worsteshire sauce.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of beef soup base.
- Du brauchst 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Es ist 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Bereiten of Spices.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of oregano.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Es ist 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of thyme.
- Es ist 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Bereiten 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- Du brauchst to taste of Salt and pepper.
In the South, sweet or hot pepper relish or. This pinto bean recipe is super easy, and practically fool proof. You won't need a lot of ingredients, and you don't have to worry about being in the kitchen all day, because again- we're using I used ham hocks to flavor the beans. If you don't have ham hocks, or don't like them.
Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham Schritt für Schritt
- Soak beans for 10 mins..
- Add the water, soup base, onion garlic, mustard and all the seasonings..
- Boil for 30 minutes then turn heat to medium and put a lid on and let simmer for 4 hours or until done or Place in a crock pot on high for 3 hours or until done. Garnish with green onions and a slice of warm cornbread..
In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit shows you how to make Pinto Beans with ham. This recipe starts with dried pinto beans that are parboiled and pre-soaked. Texas Pinto Beans with Ham HockMy Turn For Us. Did you cook a ham for Christmas and have that ham bone in the freezer? This is a perfect dish to make with it.