Fava Bean Spread on a Flat Bread with Prosciutto. fava bean spread on multi grain bread for midday snack 🙂. Ok, maybe kouKOfava doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Wheaties but you NEED to make this dish. This Cretan recipe for fava bean spread is made with fava or broad beans and not to be confused with the Greek dip fava which is made with.
Ingredients of Fava Bean Spread on a Flat Bread with Prosciutto
- Bereiten 2 cup of fresh or frozen fava beans (I used frozen).
- Du brauchst 1/2 small of red or green apple core taken out.
- Bereiten 1 small of lemon (get 2 tsp zest & 1 tblsp juice from it).
- Es ist 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp of prepared mustard.
- Bereiten 8 slice of of flatbread.
- Bereiten 8 slice of prosciutto (thin slices of ham, roast beef, pastrami, or smoked salmon can be used for variation).
Cook's Note: Finding fresh fava beans at the market is a sure sign of spring. They do require a little Spread each slice of bread with a couple tablespoons fresh ricotta and top with a similar amount of the fava. Stir together the fava beans, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, tarragon and salt. Spread each slice of bread with a couple tablespoons fresh ricotta and top with a similar amount of the fava bean mixture America's On a Knife Edge. umair haque in Eudaimonia and Co.
Fava Bean Spread on a Flat Bread with Prosciutto Anleitung
- boil beans in water for 3 minutes until tender but still firm.
- rinse in cold water.
- in a blender pulse beans, oil, lemon zest & juice, half apple and mustard till mixture is creamy but chunky.
- spread fava bean mixture onto flatbread, top with slice of prosciutto or topping of choice.
Fava beans have two protective layers: a pod with a soft, furry lining and a tough skin around each bean. Parboiling the beans will loosen the skin around the bean just enough for you to pinch it off. A pound and a half of fava bean pods will only yield a scant cup of beans, so this recipe is designed to. Fava beans most likely require a trip to a farmers' market and take a while to peel. Fava pilaf, fava risotto, favas mashed to a paste and stirred into a sauce, or piled on bruschetta: Irresistible as these are, favas have been slow to catch on in the U.