Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder. It's loaded with savory bacon, juicy corn, tender potatoes, sweet Vidalia onions, carrots, and celery which all add texture and flavor. I need texture and a variety of textures and vegetables to keep me interested and this combination does the trick. The chowder is thick, creamy, rich, hearty.
Ingredients of Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder
- Es ist of chowder.
- Du brauchst 15 of large potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Du brauchst 4 clove of garlic smash and diced.
- Es ist 1 lb of thick cut bacon cut in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Es ist 4 of large leeks cleaned and sliced in rings.
- Bereiten 4 of Green onions chopped.
- Bereiten 2 of onion, chopped.
- Du brauchst 2 stick of butter.
- Du brauchst 1 lb of cooked ham chopped.
- Es ist 3 cup of chicken broth(my favorite is better than bullion).
- Du brauchst 3 cup of pork stock or beef works well also.
- Es ist 3 cup of cold water.
- Bereiten 2 can of evaporated milk.
- Du brauchst 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Du brauchst of salt and pepper.
- Bereiten 2 cup of smoked cheddar cheese shredded.
- Es ist of toppings.
- Es ist 1 of sour cream.
- Es ist 1 of chives.
- Es ist 1 of shredded cheese.
- Bereiten 1 of crackers.
This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. The bacon grease gets used to cook some onions and carrots. I love the extra flavor the bacon grease adds and you know we southerners don't like to put. This wonderful and easy potato and ham chowder gets a flavor boost from the addition of bacon.
Loaded ham, bacon and potato chowder Anleitung
- Peel and cubed potatoes place in large stock pot with the liquids. start the potatoes on medium heat. Add garlic..
- In a large pan brown bacon.then remove bacon from pan leaving grease in pan.
- In pan add 1 stick butter to bacon grease melt add leeks,onions and ham. Sautee till browned then add bacon and saute a few second longer. (House should be smelling like heaven at this point.).
- Pour all of the pan ingredients into to potato stock pot. Stir and bring to boli the put on simmer for three hours. Can mix water in the pan to get every last bit of the goodness fron the sauté. Stir hourly.
- After 3 hours mash part of potatoes leaving big chunks for the end result this thickens the chowder..
- The last 30 minutes of cooking add the evaporated milk, cream, last stick of butter, and cheese, stirring constantly. To aviod scalding and sticking to bottom of pot. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish and serve. Make some fresh home made french bread you have a great winter meal..
This cozy potato corn and bacon chowder is a quick, easy & filling meal! A chowder is a thick, chunky soup. It used to be a fishermen's stew made with seafood but now they have all sorts of vegetable and potato chowders. Corn Chowder with Ham and Potatoes. Growing up we ate a lot of potato soup.