Cincinnati Chili. Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys"); both dishes were developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs. I'm from Cincinnati and enjoyed Skyline chili my whole life. This recipe is the closest to the original Skyline taste and texture of any I've tested.
Ingredients of Cincinnati Chili
- Es ist of Base.
- Du brauchst 2 1/4 lb of 75% Lean Ground Beef.
- Du brauchst 3 1/2 of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- Du brauchst of Liquids.
- Bereiten 32 oz of beef stock.
- Bereiten 16 oz of tomato sauce.
- Du brauchst 2 1/4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Bereiten 2 1/4 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Bereiten of Spice Mix.
- Bereiten 3 1/4 tbsp of chili powder.
- Du brauchst 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Du brauchst 2 1/4 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Du brauchst 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Du brauchst 1 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Es ist 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Es ist 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Es ist 1/4 tsp of ground cloves, heaping.
- Es ist 1/4 tsp of allspice, heaping.
- Du brauchst 1 of large bayleaf.
- Du brauchst of Optional Toppings.
- Bereiten 1 of shredded cheese.
- Du brauchst 1 of kidney beans.
- Es ist 1 of chopped green onion.
- Es ist 1 of sour cream.
- Es ist 1 of oyster crackers.
Cincinnati Chili made with the authentic Skyline Chili recipe served over spaghetti with onions and shredded cheddar cheese! Classic copycat recipes are some of my favorite to cook in the kitchen. Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili ) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys"); both dishes were developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs. Cincinnati-style chili is redolent of warm spices, deeply flavored, and an enduring American classic.
Cincinnati Chili Anleitung
- In a large skillet or stove top dutch oven brown the ground beef and finely chopped onion. Drain the fat..
- Pour the beef stock in the skillet with the beef and onion and simmer for 12 minutes..
- While this is simmering prepare all of the spices list into a small bowl..
- Once the 12 mins is up add the spices to the skillet and mix in well..
- Now add the rest of the liquids and mix in well..
- Let this simmer UNCOVERED for 75 to 90 minutes until aromatic and reaches a thick sauce/chili like consistency. Stir occasionally..
- Remove from heat and skim the excess fat off the top with a ladle and remove the bayleaf..
- Serve and enjoy! This pairs well over hot spaghetti noodle, on a hot dog, on a loaded baked potato, or even as by itself in a bowl with your favorite garnishes!.
- I decided to top spaghetti with mine and garnish with cheese, onion, sour cream..
Get the recipe for Cincinnati ChiliMatt Taylor-Gross. This chili (be it not real 'Cincinnati' material) is absolutely delicious! Perfect indulgence for a chilly autumn Fabulous "Non-Cincinati" Chili. Obviously this recipe has upset the Cincinnati Chili purists. Cincinnati style chili includes cocoa cloves cinnamon and vinegar amongst other things.