Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage. What kind of smoked sausage to use? Smoked sausage comes in a variety of flavors by many different brands and some of them have a surprising How to make fried cabbage with sausage: To start, you'll want to heat a skillet over medium heat. Add in a couple swirls of olive oil or avocado oil.
Ingredients of Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage
- Es ist 1 head of cabbage, chopped.
- Du brauchst 1 of smoked sausage, cut into bite size slices, use as much as you like. I know some like a little, some alot, so I just left measurement off..
- Bereiten 1/4 packages of smoked bacon, chopped into bite size pieces.
- Du brauchst 1 medium of onion, chopped or diced.
- Du brauchst 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Du brauchst 1/4 cup of beef broth ( Optional ).
- Es ist 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Es ist 1 of Cajun seasoning ( optional ).
All Reviews for Southern Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage. Have you ever tried fried cabbage next to some smoked sausages? Well, it's a perfect match, which gives you that nice vibe of home-cooked meals that nobody can resist. How to Cook Fried Cabbage With Smoked Sausage.
Fried Cabbage with Smoked Sausage Schritt für Schritt
- On medium high heat, In a skillet or electric skillet, saute bacon to render out the fat, but do not discard. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Lower heat to medium and Saute onions until soft and caramelized. Add sliced smoked sausage and brown slightly. Add bacon back to mixture. (Thanks for the input michael.buggie ).
- When bacon and sausage is cooked, add chopped cabbage, salt and pepper and cook stirring often for about 5-10 minutes. Longer if needed if not using broth..
- If using, add beef broth for a richer taste. Cook until cabbage is tender or slightly has a bite to it. It depends on preference..
- Add seasonings to taste..
Easy Fried Cabbage and KielbasaBabaganosh. smoked sausage, sliced into round pieces. How to Make Fried Cabbage with Sausage. Cook sausage in large skillet until hot. Remove from pan and set aside. Melt butter in the same large skillet.