Jambalaya. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe — made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. Jambalaya is a wildly popular dish that originated in New Orleans and was inspired by flavors around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few. Our recipe was inspired by other.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- Du brauchst 1 lb of smoked beef sausage (any kind will work).
- Bereiten 1 lb of medium (31-40 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Bereiten 1 lb of smoked beef sausage, sliced 1/2" thick.
- Es ist 1 of medium onion, small dice.
- Du brauchst 1 of green pepper, small dice.
- Es ist 6 cloves of garlic, finely diced.
- Es ist 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes, drained.
- Du brauchst 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- Du brauchst 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- Es ist 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Es ist 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of smokey paprika.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Du brauchst of Salt & pepper.
- Es ist 1 qt of chicken stock.
- Bereiten 3 cups of uncooked white rice.
- Bereiten 6 cups of water.
- Es ist 4 tbs of Vegetable oil, divided.
Jambalaya is a Cajun classic, and has roots down in the French-Canadian immigrants to Louisiana. Jambalaya is such a culinary staple and storied dish in New Orleans the word is used to describe so much more than food. "What a crazy jambalaya of music at this festival." The dish has represented. See more ideas about Jambalaya, Jambalaya recipe, Recipes. Make a flavorful dinner for your family tonight with our Jambalaya Mix.
- Clean any excess fat from thighs, cut into bite size pieces. Put in bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Prepare vegetables into diced pieces and set aside..
Try any one of these recipes – jazz it up to make it your own! This Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya dinner is healthy comfort food that is made in just one pan! It's loaded with veggies including celery, bell pepper, onion. This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings.