Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole. This casserole has a hearty base of turkey chili with beans along with hot dogs, melted cheddar cheese and the bubbling up of biscuits throughout. My husband ate this for several meals in a row! Yep, we made a chili cheese dog casserole, and it's even more incredible than it sounds.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole
- Es ist 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Du brauchst 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- Du brauchst 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Du brauchst 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Bereiten 4 of hot dogs, sliced into bite sized pieces.
- Bereiten 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Bereiten 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted diced tomatoes.
- Es ist 1 can (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Du brauchst 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of each cumin, oregano, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Es ist 1 can (7.5 oz.) of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits quartered.
- Bereiten 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
Serve this comforting casserole with a side of freshly steamed green beans. Chili Cheese Dog Casserole- An easy recipe inspired by chili cheese dogs combined with the comfort and ease of a casserole. Chili Cheese Dogs are right up there near the tippy top of Uncle Bee's favorite foods so you can imagine how much he LOVES this one! Bubble Up Chili Cheese Dog CasseroleEmily Bites. hot dogs, chili with beans, shredded cheese, fajita size flour tortillas.
Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Casserole Anleitung
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the hot dog pieces and cook them, stirring occasionally, until they have browned. Then remove them from the pan to a seperate plate and cover it loosely with foil..
- Add the peppers, onions and ground beef to the skillet. Cook until the beef is browned throughout and the peppers and onions have softened. Drain any fat, if needed. Then stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, kidney beans, hot dog pieces, seasonings, brown sugar and Worcestershire. Let it come to a simmer and preheat the oven to 350°F in the meantime. Grease a 9×13" baking pan and set it aside..
- Let the chili mixture simmer for 10 minutes or so if you have the time (to better develop the flavors). Then pour the mix out into the prepared baking pan. Gently stir in the biscuit pieces and pop it in the oven for 25 minutes. After that, remove it and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Return it to the oven until the biscuit pieces are completely cooked through (mainly the pieces in the center). This really depends on your oven…it can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Then serve..
This Chili Cheese Dog Bubble Up Bake, using Pillsbury biscuits, is the perfect game day recipe. This casserole is great served with a ketchup and mustard drizzle or topped with a mixture of chopped sweet onion, red onion or sliced green onions. Add some spicy heat with sliced jalapeños. Substitute pepper Jack cheese in place of the Cheddar for a chili cheese dog casserole with more spicy heat. American classic chili dog, grilled hot dog on a bun, smothered in ground beef chili sauce, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and onions.