Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes. These quick and easy potato cakes will have all the family members coming back for more. Fried Mashed Potato Cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mashed potato cakes have been a staple in my southern family all throughout my childhood.
Ingredients of Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes
- Du brauchst of Chili.
- Bereiten 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Du brauchst 1-2 of large Green bell Pepper cleaned & Chopped.
- Es ist 1-2 of large sweet onions Chopped.
- Du brauchst 24-36 ounces of V8 juice or tomato juice.
- Du brauchst 5-15 ounce of cans of Beans I use Red Kidney, Pink Kidney, Black Beans, northern Beans, rinsed thoroughly.
- Du brauchst 5 cloves of Garlic minced or 1/2 of an elephant garlic clove minced.
- Du brauchst 3-15 ounce of cans of Diced tomatoes do not drain.
- Es ist of Seasonings I use to taste: dash of cinnamon ( cuts acidity.
- Bereiten 2 teaspoons of each: Ground Cumin, Chili Powder, Red pepper Flakes, Paprika (smoked or sweet).
- Du brauchst to taste of Salt and Pepper.
Add chopped baked potato and half-and-half to the saucepan. You know, like mashed potatoes are supposed to be. Fried cheesy potatoes, do I need to say more? The outside of these leftover mashed potato cakes is light and crispy with a touch of cheese-melted-onto-the-side-of-a-pan taste.
Chili Soup with Mashed Potato Cakes Schritt für Schritt
- Brown meat in Large kettle or skillet, on medium low, when meat is almost done,.
- Add Chopped vegetables (Onions, bell peppers, canned or fresh tomatoes, beans, garlic, jalapeños if using.).
- Add half of seasonings. When veggies are tender..
- Add V8 or tomato juice. (I like V8 because of the flavor it adds.) Stir turn heat up to medium high until it begins to boil..
- I use two different methods for cooking..
- 1.). On top of the stove to simmer all day on semi low. I use a lid that I will allow steam to escape. If I have to add more liquid..
- Sometimes I add low sodium chicken broth, sometimes water. I start in the morning so it will be ready for dinner..
- 2.) Slow cooker method. I like to fix it before I go to bed, start it on the stove then transfer to lightly oiled Slow Cooker..
- I start it on high for approximately 45 minutes. I turn it on low to cook over night. Then warm when I get up. Ready for lunch and dinner..
- Mashed Potato Cakes.
- My husband enjoys mashed potatoes. However when I make them, I have to make quite a bit extra. Next time you make mashed potatoes… make almost double..
- 8 Medium to large Potatoes, Peeled, quartered or more depending on size.
- 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese softened..
- Warm milk.. I add 1/4 cup at a time.
- Softened real Butter I use unsalted 1/2 of a stick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash all together. I like to add fresh roasted garlic, fresh shredded cheese of my choice. We like smoked Gouda but a little bit goes a long way..
- To make my mashed potatoes, I use Russet potatoes, enough for four people. Approximately.. 8 medium to large potatoes. Cleaned, peeled and Cut I To quarters or sixth (depending how large).
- I place in Low sodium Chicken Broth. Boil until tender, Rinse and save broth.. set it aside.
- I place potatoes back in pot they were cooked in.
- Mash all ingredients until almost smooth. I like a few small lumps, I want my guest to know they are not instant..
- The next day, add to your mashed potatoes to prepare to make cakes..
- Oil to fry in about 2-3 inches deep or deep fry. Bread crumbs, sometimes I crush corn flakes, sometimes I use Panko Crumbs, sometimes plain fine bread crumbs. I like to add my own seasonings to my taste which varies..
- 1-2 sweet onions peeled and chopped..
- 2 garlic cloves minced..
- Seasonings I use to taste: salt, pepper, Italian, Cumin, divide these in half..
- 1 cup of all purpose flour per two cups of mashed potatoes. More if you need it..
- I season my potatoes and my bread crumbs. Stir well.
- Wet your hands shake of excess.. scoop some out with your wet hands. Roll into a ball, place in seasoned bread crumbs.
- Roll around and slightly flatten, place in Hot oil carefully. I normally fry in skillet. About 3-4 minutes each side on medium heat..
Inside they are warm and soft and slightly gooey from the melted white. These potato pancakes were seriously tasty and all of us in my family ate them up in minutes. This Sausage Potato Soup is full of veggies, smoked sausage, seasonings & potatoes. Simmered in a Crockpot until tender, this soup is easy & flavorful! · Great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Perfect for a light lunch or serving with sandwiches.