Cajun Salmon and Sweetcorn Puree with Broccoli and Fried Onions. Baked Cajun Salmon is quick and easy recipe to add to your fish dinner repertoire! Easy Pan Roasted Cajun Salmon recipe is so simple to prepare and so flavorful! I know you would want it in your list of quick and easy baked salmon recipes.
Ingredients of Cajun Salmon and Sweetcorn Puree with Broccoli and Fried Onions
- Du brauchst 2 of salmon fillets.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1 can of or 1 cup of frozen sweetcorn.
- Du brauchst 1/2 of lime, zest and juice.
- Es ist 30 g of butter.
- Es ist Bunch of coriander or mint, chopped.
- Es ist of enough broccoli for two.
- Es ist 1 of small onion, halved and finely sliced into half moons.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of flour.
- Bereiten of light olive oil or a tbsp goose fat for frying.
- Du brauchst of salt and pepper.
Cajun is one of those spice mixes that goes well with everything. The healthy fats from the salmon, avocado and nuts will give you energy for hours and hours. Slide the salmon fillets onto a plate, top with the sweetcorn relish and finish with a scattering of cashew nuts. Fry the salmon on all sides for a few minutes, or until cooked on the outside but still pink in the middle.
Cajun Salmon and Sweetcorn Puree with Broccoli and Fried Onions Schritt für Schritt
- Place the salmon in a grill pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle over the paprika and cayenne and leave to marinate while you prepare the puree and broccoli..
- Mix the flour with the sliced onion and add salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil or goose fat in a large frying pan, add the onions and fry until crisp and crunchy. Tip into a bowl and set aside (out of reach)..
- Add the broccoli to the frying pan and saute gently with the lid on until just tender and slightly browned. Turn the heat off but leave in the pan. Preheat the grill to high..
- Meanwhile cook the sweetcorn in water for 3-4 minutes until tender and then drain well. Return to the pan and melt in the butter, add the lime zest, lime juice, chopped coriander or mint and salt and pepper. Place the salmon under the hot grill and cook for about 5-8 minutes until cooked through and charred on top..
- Blitz the sweetcorn mixture with a stick blender until smooth, then return to the pan to reheat. I then cooked a little more sweetcorn and added it, whole, to add some texture, but I wouldn't do that again as it reduced the flavour intensity (just explaining why you can see the kernels in the finished photo)..
- When the salmon is cooked reheat the broccoli if necessary and mix in the onions. Serve the salmon on top of the puree, with the broccoli and lime wedges..
Add the sobrasada to the pan and fry until crisp. Add the salmon, then spoon over the sweetcorn and sobrisada. In a bowl, mix the sliced baby corn, chilli, spring onions and coriander. Cajun Corn and Bacon Maque Choux. Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions – this Gulf Coast tradition will have you dreaming of the bayou.