Bria's apple bacon meatloaf. The bacon and apple really add a wonderful, surprising twist to this already moist meatloaf. Line the bottom of each loaf pan with bread slices. (This will soak up any grease from the cooking meatloaf.) Apple Bacon Meatloaf. Be the first to review this recipe.
Ingredients of Bria's apple bacon meatloaf
- Es ist 1 1/2 lb of Ground Beef.
- Bereiten 1/2 lb of ground venison or sausage.
- Bereiten 2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Bereiten 1 of onion, chopped.
- Bereiten 1 of egg.
- Es ist 2 1/2 tsp of McCormick misquette streak seasoning.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of your favorite steak sauce. I use McCormick smokey montreal.
- Du brauchst of salt and pepper.
- Es ist 5 piece of thick sliced baccon. use more as needed to cover top.
- Bereiten 4 of baking apples.
- Du brauchst 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Bereiten 6 piece of cold butter. cut slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Es ist of cinnamon.
Working with one slice at a time, fold ends of each bacon slice over the top of the meatloaf. Turn loaf over and place on a rack set in a baking sheet to allow the fat to drain while baking. Spread reserved ketchup mixture over top and drape bacon in a crisscross pattern over loaf, tucking underneath. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is pure comfort food!
Bria's apple bacon meatloaf Anleitung
- Add ground meat, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, onion, liquid smoke, steak seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Hands work best..
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. Top with bacon. *Note: It's okay if bacon hangs over the sides a little. It will shrink while cooking..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Then take it out and drain grease. Put I back in oven for 20 more minutes..
- Wile meatloaf is baking. Peel and quarter 4-6 baking apples..
- Place in small baking dish an cover with brown sugar, top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
- Serve meatloaf topped with baked apples and sauce..
A classic dinner recipe gets upgraded with bacon – the best way to serve this traditional I usually just dump the meat mix on a lightly oiled sheet pan, gather it all together and push it into a very firm loaf. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure! Meatloaf is back and better than ever, full of flavor, some hidden veggies, and wrapped with delicious. I don't like the term meatloaf. I feel as though those two words should not be intertwined.