Mike's Ghost Pepper Pork Chili. Hand-formed pork burgers with fresh ghost peppers, slathered with homemade spicy aioli, topped with roasted jalapenos. Spice it up with this recipe. Serve them on toasted onion rolls and top them with roasted jalapeno peppers, because Mike's #JalapenoObsession will continue until the universe.
Ingredients of Mike's Ghost Pepper Pork Chili
- Es ist of ● For The Meat.
- Bereiten 3 Pounds of Frozen Pork Loin Roast [boiled in water + 1 can beef stock].
- Bereiten 1 1/2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Du brauchst of ● For The Chili.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of Bacon Grease.
- Du brauchst 4 (15 oz) of Cans Dark Kidney Beans [drained].
- Bereiten 3 (15 oz) of Cans Beef Broth [reserve 1 can for pork boil].
- Es ist 1 (15 oz) of Can Crushed Tomatoes.
- Du brauchst 3 of LG Bhut Or Naga Jolokia Ghost Chiles [fine minced – seeds left in].
- Du brauchst 2 of EX LG Jalapeños Peppers [de-seeded – minced].
- Es ist 1 of LG Beefeater Tomato [chopped].
- Es ist 1/2 Cup of Celery [chopped].
- Du brauchst 1 of EX LG Viadailla Onion [rough chopped].
- Es ist 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Bereiten 3 tbsp of Regular Chili Powder.
- Bereiten 2/3 Cup of Green Bell Peppers [chopped].
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of Worshestershire Sauce.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of Tabasco Sauce.
- Du brauchst of ● For The Sides & Options.
- Bereiten as needed of Fresh Chilled Chopped Onions.
- Es ist as needed of Fresh Chilled Cilantro Leaves.
- Du brauchst as needed of Fresh Chilled Chives.
- Bereiten as needed of Chilled Shreaded Cheese.
- Du brauchst as needed of Chilled Sour Cream.
- Du brauchst as needed of Fresh Tortilla Chips.
- Du brauchst as needed of Warmed Corn Bread.
- Bereiten as needed of Bottled Tabasco Sauce.
Boy eats ghost pepper and instantly regrets his decision as his mood changes in a matter of seconds. People who love eating chili peppers and spicy foods might be eating their way to a longer life, according to a new study. The Scoville Scale lists all hot chili peppers sorted by their pungency and their amount of capsaicin in Scoville Heat Units (SHU). My Aunt Emy made the best chili pork I knew.
Mike's Ghost Pepper Pork Chili Schritt für Schritt
- 3 pounds frozen pork loin. Boil in water for 3+ hours until your roast can easily be shreaded apart by fork..
- Boil frozen roast in a slight amount of water and 1 can beef broth for about 3 hours. Flip occasionally. You'll want your fluids to eventually boil completely down. Boil 1.5 hours if using an unfrozen roast..
- Chop all of your hard vegetables [except for sides and options] and sweat them in 2 tbsp bacon grease for 5 minutes. Then, while waiting on your pork to finishing boiling, combine all vegetables with beef stock, spices, beans and simmer until soft. About 30 minutes..
- Shread your pork apart with 2 forks and add your Ground Cumin. Mix well..
- Add seasoned pork to vegetables and broth and simmer 15 minutes longer..
- ● Side Note: At last minute, one of my students decided she wanted a thickener. Instead of corn starch, she decided to add a 15 oz can of canned [pre-fabed brand named] Chili. It ended up being a pretty good and a darned tasty little idea!.
- Serve Chili piping hot with a large dollop of fresh sour cream, shreaded sharp cheese, chilled fresh chives, cilantro and chopped white onions. Also, a side of Tabasco Sauce. Enjoy!.
It's an Indo-Chinese/Asian dish that is spicy, tangy and packed with flavor. I tweaked the original recipe a little and added my very own dry rub on the pork for more flavor. The dry rub pork just roasted was so tasty, I could have just stopped there. Some hot peppers have deceptively genteel names, like the Scotch bonnet, while others are more explicit about their fiery nature, like the Carolina Reaper. Even if it didn't pack explosive fire power, the ghost pepper name has a mystique and an air of mystery.