One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice. Making in the crock pot right now, cooking on low. I brown my beef, and my onions garlic, seasonings ,and pray that it will turn out. Yes I did add the rice,broth,corn.
Ingredients of One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice
- Es ist 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Du brauchst 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Du brauchst 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Bereiten 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Es ist 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- Du brauchst 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Du brauchst 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Es ist 2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Bereiten 1 tbsp. of cumin.
- Bereiten 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Es ist 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Du brauchst 1/4 tsp. of onion powder.
- Bereiten to taste of salt and pepper.
- Du brauchst 1 of medium yellow squash, sliced into thin coins, then quartered.
- Es ist 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth (reduced sodium recommended).
- Es ist 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Es ist of Optional Toppings :.
- Bereiten of ·Sour Cream.
- Du brauchst of ·Drizzle of sriracha.
- Es ist of ·Crushed Tortilla Chips.
- Es ist of ·Additional Shredded Cheese.
- Bereiten of ·Shredded Lettuce.
- Du brauchst of ·Diced Avacado.
- Bereiten of ·Freshly Diced Tomato.
- Bereiten of ·Sliced Jalapenos.
This Mexican Brown Rice is the perfect example of healthy, full-flavored, and hands-off food that can be whipped up with minimal effort in the Instant Pot. This recipe is also a perfect example of how I like to take a boring staple recipe like Mexican Rice and amp up the flavor and textures so your side dish. I love that I can use my Instant Pot to quickly cook this whole meal in one pot (the fewer dishes the better!). While the beef and rice are cooking I chop any toppings that we're going to.
One Pot Mexican Beef and Brown Rice Anleitung
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until the onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so, until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes and beans. Then stir in the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the broth and the squash. Let it come to a boil. Once boiling, place the lid on and decrease the heat down to med-low..
- Allow to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking (if using a different kind of rice besides brown rice, then decrease the cook time), until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once done and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Place the lid back on so the cheese will melt, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers..
- It's very versatile. Pictured with pinto beans instead of black beans and 1 cup corn kernels instead of squash –>.
Tasty Mexican brown rice is a great addition to your weekly meal prep! It comes together so quickly in the Instant After cooking brown rice in the Instant Pot, I was HOOKED and I will never use any other method again! Adapt your own favorite recipes from the slow cooker. Keywords: mexican chicken and rice, mexican food, mexican rice, one pot. I only had chicken breast and brown rice This time So I improvised.