Brisket Pastrami. Pastrami is what happens when you take corned beef to the next level – by smoking it! Lay brisket in a large container and cover with cure mix. The meat must be completely immersed.
Ingredients of Brisket Pastrami
- Es ist 10 lb of corned beef brisket.
- Es ist 1/2 cup of Hey Grill Hey beef rub.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of Coleman's mustard powder.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Bereiten of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- Es ist of Water.
See how easy it is to have this classic beauty! Homemade Pastrami – Recipe – FineCooking. For the brine Note: Depending on the size of your brisket, and the container in which you are brining, you may need to multiply this recipe. The now-corned beef is rubbed with black pepper, coriander, and smoked paprika, and baked in the oven.
Brisket Pastrami Anleitung
- Submerge the corned beef brisket in water to reduce the salt level from the corn beef process. I used a 5 gallon food safe bucket with 4 gallons of water..
- Change the water every 4-6 hours and do that a minimum of 3 times..
- Mix all spices together except the black pepper in a jar with a lid that you can control the pour easily. A parmesan cheese lid screws onto a canning jar and works great for this!.
- Drain the brisket and pat dry..
- Get the smoker heating you to 275° I used natural lump charcoal and post oak..
- Coat all sides of the corned beef with the mixed spices. Use a pepper milk and completely coat with a layer of cracked black pepper..
- Once the smoker is to temp put the brisket on..
- Smoke for 5-6 hours until the internal temp is 165° then pull to wrap in butcher's paper..
- Once internal temp hits 200° to 204° ~it depends on where it finishes and pull it to rest. Mine stalled out at 203° so I pulled it then. It took me a total of 12.5 hours to heat that temp..
- Let rest about 2 hours in a cooler. Then it's ready to slice and make into a really awesome sandwich! Bake some bread or buy a nice loaf, whip up a thousand island sauce, melt some white cheddar on the meat then top with a quality kraut..
Brisket is the cut of meat used to make corned beef and pastrami. Corned beef is brisket cured with spices and salt before being simmered in water, and pastrami takes the extra step of smoking. Pastrami is corned beef that is also. Pastrami is traditionally brisket that is cured, rubbed, smoked, brined, and roasted. The brisket turned a grey/brown color on the outside.