Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake. Smoked sausage may rock your taste buds on the grill, but if you pitch in a few more ingredients, you can transition this savory flavor of summer into a few dishes that will have you coming back for more. Smoked sausage is sausage that has been ground, seasoned and cured and then smoked at lower temperatures instead of grilled or fired. Smoked sausages are staples in most BBQ restaurants these days, and you can get that taste at We'll explain how to smoke sausages using a smoker vs. a grill, and what type of fuel to consider for.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake
- Bereiten 1 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce.
- Bereiten 1/4 cup of milk.
- Bereiten 1 tbs of butter.
- Es ist 1 of small onion – diced.
- Du brauchst 4 oz of fresh mushrooms – sliced.
- Du brauchst 6 oz of beef Smoked sausage – cut to 1/4" slices.
- Es ist 10 of cheddar & potato Pierogi (I used Mrs. T's brand).
Smoked Sausage and Tomato Skillet with Hillshire Farm Naturals® Smoked SausageHillshire Farm. A wide variety of smoked sausages options are. Sausages like andouille and kielbasa are cooked in a smokehouse before packaging. Although you can eat fully-cooked sausage right away, you can also cook it using a stove, oven, or grill.
Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake Schritt für Schritt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl stir alfredo sauce and milk together until combined. Set aside..
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter, when butter is melted add onion and mushrooms. Cook until veggies begin to soften, stirring often. Add sausage and cook until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat..
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray (my dish was 8×11"). Add 1/2 cup of sauce mixture and swirl to coat bottom..
- Arrange pierogis in a single layer in dish. Scatter sausage/veggie mixture over pierogis. Pour remaining sauce evenly over everything..
- Bake 20 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil, bake 20 minutes more uncovered. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
These sausages are not cooked and must be refrigerated. There are many smoked sausage recipes that can be made at home. Some sausages are cooked as they're smoked, or after they're smoked, and also require refrigeration. Smoked sausage recipes aren't just for the barbecue grill in the summertime. To cook smoked sausage inside, try pan frying it or baking it in the oven.