potatoes and meat portuguese boiled style (cozido a portuguesa). Home » Portuguese Cuisine » Portuguese Mixed Meat Boil (Cozido à Portuguesa). Liz and I both grew up with this dish. Both Liz's mom and my mom made their own versions, but the concept Add the remaining sausages and potatoes.
Ingredients of potatoes and meat portuguese boiled style (cozido a portuguesa)
- Bereiten 6 medium of potatoes.
- Bereiten 1 medium of cabbage.
- Es ist 2 of chicken breast.
- Bereiten 500 grams of beef or lamb shoulder.
- Es ist 500 grams of pork shoulder.
- Es ist 1 of blood chourizo (portuguese morcela).
- Es ist 1 of flour and grease chourizo (portuguese farinheira).
- Bereiten 1 of chourizo.
- Du brauchst 1 of salt to taste.
- Bereiten 1 of olive oil to taste.
Meat And Potatoes Recipes on Yummly Portuguese Pork, Portuguese Octopus, Portuguese Mexican Tortillas, the Portuguese Style! As receitas lá de casa. flour, pitted black olives, lettuce Portuguese Chicken with Potato SaladGood Chef Bad Chef. red chilli, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt. Boil the meat and pork in a double boiler pot of water.
potatoes and meat portuguese boiled style (cozido a portuguesa) Schritt für Schritt
- is not gonna be easy to find the portuguese sausages but usually chourizo is available in the super market and the flour chourizo and the blood chourizo can be replaced by garlic sausage and italian sausage ;not the same but works well ; but if you have access to a portuguese bakery or store try to find "MORCELA and FARINHEIRA"and give it a try is worth it.
- put all the meat together in a big pan cover with water add salt to taste and boil in medium heat for 1hour.
- after 1hour add all the sausages and cook 30 more minutes.
- take all the meat and the sausages to a plate and put the potatoes to cook in the same water were you cook the meat and the sausages.
- after 20minutes add the cabbage.
- cook 10 more minutes and is done.
- you can serve with the stock or with olive oil.
- take two cups of the meat stock to a smaller pan add one cup of rice and cook for 15minutes.
- serve together.
Add a couple of Oxo beef cubes. Cozido a Portuguesa – Portuguese Hot Pot. Cozido a Portuguesea (Portuguese Hot Pot) by Nelson de Sousa. Nothing says I love you as much as Every culture has a tradition of a boiled meat dish. The Chinese call it hot pot, the French call it choucroute and Latin Americans call it sancocho.