Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers. This video is about Healthy Recipe: Southwestern Stuffed Peppers. And these delicious Southwestern Stuffed Peppers are gluten-free and they freeze well. I hope all my readers have a holiday season filled with love and good times, and plenty of healthy good food!
Ingredients of Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
- Bereiten of stuffed peppers.
- Du brauchst 8 large of bell peppers, I like red or orange.
- Es ist 1 lb of lean ground beef/ 93% or leaner.
- Bereiten 1 of packet knorr brand spanish rice.
- Es ist 1 1/4 cup of frozen corn, thawed.
- Es ist 1 1/2 cup of black beans, fresh or canned.
- Du brauchst 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of white onion, finely chopped.
- Bereiten 1 of dried ancho pepper.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of salt.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Es ist 1 tsp of smoked spanish paprika.
In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, black beans and corn. Toss with spices, vinegar and oil. Sprinkle inner part of peppers with some salt and. These Southwestern Turkey Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are packed with a punch of tex-mex flavors, filled with healthy ingredients for a guilt I don't think I've ever had stuffed peppers, but your photos just made me want to make them soon!
Healthy Southwestern Stuffed Peppers Schritt für Schritt
- Soak the ancho pepper in the hottest tap water. Cover entire chili. Let soak 15 minutes to rehydrate..
- Wash and dry peppers. Cut the very top off and remove seeds. Be careful to leave pepper whole..
- Prepare Spanish rice according to package directions..
- Remove ancho from water after the 15 minutes. Cut off stem and cut lengthwise. Remove seeds. Now give it a medium dice cut. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil..
- Add beef to pan and sprinkle with the salt. Brown beef until no pink shows. Break beef apart in skillet to resemble a crumbly texture. Remove from heat..
- In the same pan, Saute the onions for 4 minutes..
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds..
- Turn off heat. Mix in the beef to the pan and add corn, beans, diced ancho pepper, cooked rice, chili powder and paprika..
- In a small roasting dish add whole peppers. Place them close together so they will stand up..
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350°F fahrenheit in a preheated oven..
- Cook covered for 30 minutes..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
Love the southwest flavours in this, they look amazing! Healthy Southwest Stuffed Peppers and other delicious recipes for Main Course can be found at hamiltonbeach.com. Fill each pepper half with turkey mixture, dividing mixture evenly among peppers. Consider serving slow cooker stuffed peppers with a side salad such as a Panzanella Salad with Arugula, or with a healthy bread like our Gluten To make things easy when making Slow Cooker Southwestern Stuffed Peppers, feel free to freeze the stuffing. It's good for four to six months, and.