Family favourite shepherds pie. SORTED food and Lea & Perrins team up to show you how to cook the family favourite, Shepherd's Pie. The SORTED guys make this well loved dish their own by featuring a splash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce into an untraditional tomato base to create a very special Sheperd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds!
Ingredients of Family favourite shepherds pie
- Es ist 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Du brauchst 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Bereiten 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- Es ist 3 of medium carrots, finely chopped1 tbsp olive oil.
- Du brauchst 8-10 of potatoes, boiled and mashed with a little butter and salt to taste (you could do more if you like lots of mash on top like us!).
- Du brauchst 500 g of lean beef mince.
- Es ist 300 g of frozen Quorn mince.
- Du brauchst 350 ml of veg stock – we use bouillon as its vegan and organic.
- Es ist 1 of beef oxo cube (optional if you're using beef mince).
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Du brauchst 1 of level tsp smoked paprika.
- Bereiten 1 of heaped tsp marmite (it makes all the difference – even if you're a marmite hater!).
- Bereiten 1 tsp of tomato puree.
Find me on Here, he illustrates how to make his grandmother's Shepherd's Pie recipe. Want more classic recipes that have been passed from generation to generation like this one? this shepherds pie is AMAZING – the meat mixture is full of flavor and the mashed potatoes are creamy and cheesy – recipe AND video tutorial Ashlee Marie Cheddar Topped Shepherd's Pie – Hearty, meat filling with cheddar mashed potato topping. This recipe is a family favorite!
Family favourite shepherds pie Anleitung
- Heat the oil in a large pan (oven proof if possible to save on washing up!) Add the veg and cook for 10-15 mins until lovely and soft..
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes or so until browned. Now add the Quorn mince and cook for a few minutes..
- Sprinkle over the Oxo cube and paprika and stir into the mince. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir again. Add a few tbsps of stock and cook for a minute or two to allow the mince to absorb the flavour..
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well into the mince mix. Gradually add half of the remaining stock and simmer for a few minutes. The liquid should start to thicken. At this point, add the marmite and the tomato puree and stir again..
- Add a little more of the stock and keep adding until the "gravy" reaches the desired consistency. You may not need all the stock..
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and take off the heat. If you have time, let the mince mixture and the mash cool a little as it's easier to build the pie when its had time to cool down..
- When ready, pour the mince mix into a large ovenproof dish. Spoon the mashed potato on the top and fluff up with a fork..
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190˚ for about 25-35 minutes. (If you have left the mixture to cool completely beforehand, reduce the heat of the oven to 180˚ and cook for 40 – 45 minutes.).
- Serve with some fresh green veg whilst piping hot. Try not to fall out over the crispy bits!.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Classic shepherd's pie in baked potato form! get family favorite recipes sent right to your inbox! It's been years since I had shepherd's pie. I remember eating it as a little girl but now that I think about it, I don't think I have made it since being married and having kids of my own..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to.