Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. How to Make Vegan Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. This sweet potato shepherd's pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd's Pie. I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian).
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- Bereiten of Potato Topping.
- Bereiten 1 of Peeled Russet Potato.
- Es ist 1 of Peeled Sweet Potato.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Es ist 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- Bereiten 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Es ist 1 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Es ist 2 pinch of Dried Tarragon.
- Bereiten 1/4 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Du brauchst of Filling.
- Bereiten 4 large of Celery Stocks.
- Bereiten 3 large of Basil Leaves.
- Du brauchst 5 large of Pineapple Sage Leaves.
- Bereiten 10 oz of 80/20 Ground Beef.
- Du brauchst 1 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Bereiten 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Du brauchst 2 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
Allrecipes Allstar Angela Sackett shares her family recipe for shepherd's pie with a twist! This Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie has been a total staple for me. It's simple and made with healthy but satisfying ingredients. When I was growing up, my mom or stepdad used to make shepherd's pie all the time.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie Anleitung
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice russet and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to a saucepan and fill with water until covered. Simmer over medium-high heat for roughly 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough for mashing..
- Meanwhile, for the filling, slice celery stalks lengthwise in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces..
- Chiffonade pineapple sage and basil leaves into thin ribbons. NOTE: If you can't find pineapple sage, use regular sage leaves and add some orange zest. It should be close..
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add celery, pineapple sage, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of black pepper. Saute on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until celery had just lost its crispness..
- Set aside cooked celery in a medium-sized bowl. To the same skillet celery was cooked in, add ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper, and the crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until cooked through..
- While the beef is cooking, strain the cooked potatoes and return to saucepan. With a mixer or by hand, mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, and smoked paprika..
- Transfer cooked beef to bowl with celery and mix together. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Then, spread the mashed potatoes on top to cover completely..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
Beef, corn, and mashed potatoes topped off with cheese. Shepherd's pie gets a vegan makeover. With its rich, mushroom-studded filling tucked under a layer of soft mashed sweet potato, it has all the hallmarks of a good shepherd's pie, but it's completely vegan — and includes a secret ingredient that adds body and creaminess to the filling, without any. Made with grassfed ground beef and veggies, it's a hearty, affordable and healthy dinner staple. Ever make Shepherd's Pie with sweet potatoes?