Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa). Great recipe for Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa). I don't know the name in English, so I just called Potato Meat Pie. Recently I found out that there is a recipe called Shepherd Pie that is kind of similar.
Ingredients of Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa)
- Es ist of Potatoes.
- Du brauchst 4 lb of potatoes.
- Es ist 4 oz of Cream cheese.
- Es ist of Meat.
- Du brauchst 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- Bereiten 3/4 cup of Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped.
- Du brauchst 1/2 packages of of Bacon, cut the name small strips.
- Du brauchst 1 small of green pepper.
- Bereiten 1/2 medium of onion.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile).
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Du brauchst 1 bunch of cilantro.
- Es ist 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- Du brauchst of Topping.
- Du brauchst 1 of egg.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bereiten 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Of course, the king of pastelones is Pastelón de Plátano Maduro – raise your hand if you disagree. I don't know the name in English, so I just called Potato Meat Pie. Recently I found out that there is a recipe called Shepherd Pie that is kind of similar. Pour meat mixture over the plantains and top with Cheddar cheese.
Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) Anleitung
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Chop the onion, pepper & cilantro.
- On the stove, Put it on a pan and add the onions, peppers, smoked ham, bacon, cilantro, sofrito, olive oil, and fry for some seconds, until the onion is glossy..
- Add the beef, salt & pepper to the pan and cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in small squares, add plenty salt to the water and boil..
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, add the cream cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the grease from the cooked meat and mix it very well. (You can add more or less grease from the meat.).
- In a greased pan, put one half of the potatoes on the bottom, put a level of meat on top and them add the rest of the potatoes..
- Beat the egg and pour it on top..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put it in the oven until golden..
- Wait it to cool a little, cut and serve!.
Spread remaining mashed plantains over the cheese.. Or substitute with mashed potatoes and voilá! You saved Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Dominican-Style Yellow Plantain Pie) to your Favorites. This Mashed Potatoes and Beef Casserole is as easy as they come. The pastelon de papas is, I believe, the Latin version of a Shepherd's Pie.