Too easy drunken beans. I made them to go with tacos before I had back to school night for my kiddos. I ate them with dinner and then had more when I got home. Preparing beans from scratch is one of the least expensive ways to stay full and healthy.
Ingredients of Too easy drunken beans
- Bereiten 1 of lbs. of dry pinto beans.
- Du brauchst 8 C. of water.
- Es ist 1 of smoked ham hock.
- Bereiten 1 of lbs. of lean ground beef.
- Bereiten 2 packs of onion soup mix.
- Du brauchst 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- Bereiten 2 of bay leaves.
- Bereiten 1 t. of chipotle powder.
- Bereiten 1 1/2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Es ist 1 can of tomatoes w/ chili’s.
- Du brauchst 1 can of chopped chili’s.
- Bereiten 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- Du brauchst 1 bottle of a medium dark beer.
- Bereiten 5 inches of Enough water to cover all by at least.
- Es ist of Garnishes: fresh pico, cheese, avocado, sour cream or creme fresh!.
It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so. Hearty "drunken" pinto beans are cooked low and slow with bacon, beer, serrano pepper and spices for a side dish with rich and complex flavor. But I don't think you would know the difference.
Too easy drunken beans Anleitung
- Remove any foreign debris and any beans that are broken. Wash beans and cover with the 8C. Of water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes and turn the heat off. Let the beans soak for an hr. w/lid. The soaked beans will double in size..
- Put everything in a tall pot fitted with a lid and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook on medium high heat for thirty minutes and then reduce the heat again to medium and continue to cook for another thirty minutes. Reduce the heat again to medium low and cook for another 5 or 6 hours until beans are tender but not mushy..
- Enjoy! Serve over rice to make a complete meal. Maybe bake some cornbread, too!.
These were awesome and easy to make. I used canned beans and added green onions (in addition to the white. Wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. One of my favorite food blogger friends, Phoebe Lapine, of the fantastic blog Feed Me Phoebe, had a genius idea. She recently moved and came to the conclusion that she is a pantry hoarder.