Southern Smoked Brisket. This is the best smoked brisket recipe, and your friends and family are sure to love it. Iron Chef winner David Bancroft joined the Southern Living test kitchen director, Robby Melivn. This Southern Beef Brisket is about as close as you can come to classic mouthwatering Texas brisket without actually going to Texas.
Ingredients of Southern Smoked Brisket
- Es ist 12 lb of Brisket.
- Du brauchst 1 of Large multi rack smoker.
- Es ist 1 of Garlic Salt – evenly coat meat both side.
- Du brauchst 1 of Sea Salt – evenly coat.
- Es ist 1 of white pepper – evenly coat.
- Bereiten 1 of worcestershire sauce – even coat.
- Es ist 1 of Caraway Seeds – even coat.
- Du brauchst 1 of thyme – even coat.
- Bereiten 1 of basil – even coat.
- Bereiten 2 of onion – sliced.
- Es ist 1 of Honey – even coat.
- Bereiten 3 of of the 30 BEERS.
- Bereiten 1 can of Dr. Pepper.
- Du brauchst 1 of meat injector.
- Es ist 1 of Red oak.
- Du brauchst 1 of Pecan Wood.
- Es ist 30 of Pack of BEERS & some good friends, a couple neighbors, the dude walking by the house.
Smoked brisket is truly one of the most challenging meats to cook properly, but with the right instruments you, too, can wail with the kings of the 'Q! Brisket is similarly confusing, because the one word can refer to several slightly different versions of the cut, and some of the variations aren't ideal for smoking. What you are looking for is a "packer cut". Smoke House & BBQ outdoor catering.
Southern Smoked Brisket Schritt für Schritt
- Cut brisket in half only if you have to. I had to..
- Add all ingredients, cover and let rest for 24 hours. Use the meat injector and inject Dr. Pepper into the Brisket..
- After marinating for 24 hours, make sure your smoker is up to temp. 275°, but no more then 300°.
- You will be smoking this Brisket for 12+ hours. Start cooking your Brisket @ 7 am so you can eat by 7 pm..
- Save the juice from your marinade to pour over your Brisket. Once you have used up the juice, use BEER..
- My smokers smoke stack was in the top middle. I could pour the juice right down the stack on the meat. The steam would come up and I would shut the smoke stack off, trapping everything. With this type of smoker, you do not lose your heat. You want to maintain 275°-300°..
- After 12+ hours of smoking, make sure the core of the meat is at 160° or above..
- Eat and be Fat & Happy.
Our own Exmoor smoked Briskets, Pork Belly, Ribs and Chilli Dogs. We top that delicious smoked beef with smoked gouda, crispy onions, mayo and BBQ sauce and serve it all on an artisan-style roll. Brisket is notoriously difficult cut of meat to master. You shouldn't let these horror stories put you off though. Southern Smokehouse – Taste of the South.