Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches. French Fries, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Mac & Cheese, BBQ Beans, Mom's Pinto Beans, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, or Garlic Bread. Mike Mitchell's – Onion Mashed Potatoes. Lila Bäcker – Ragout Fin Sandwich / Brötchen.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
- Es ist of ● For The Pulled Pork.
- Es ist 1 (5 lb) of Bone In Pork Shoulder Roast [left whole].
- Es ist 4 (14 oz) of Cans Beef Broth.
- Es ist 1 of Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- Es ist 1 of LG White Onion [chopped].
- Du brauchst 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Du brauchst 7 Cloves of Garlic [minced].
- Bereiten 2 of LG Jalapeño Peppers [minced].
- Es ist 1 of Small Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- Du brauchst 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract – just plain ole' liquid smoke].
- Bereiten 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Es ist 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Es ist 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Bereiten to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Es ist of ● For The Garnishments & Extras.
- Du brauchst 1 of LG Purple Onion [sliced].
- Du brauchst of Chilled Clausens Dill Pickles [slices or whole – no substitutions].
- Du brauchst of Tiger Sauce [= 1 medium tub sour cream mixed with 1 small bottle quality horseradish].
- Bereiten of Pre-made Chilled Cole Slaw [optional].
- Du brauchst of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- Du brauchst 1 Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [+ reserves for sandwich topping].
- Es ist of ● For The Bread Options.
- Du brauchst as needed of Thick Slices Artisanal Bread.
- Es ist as needed of LG Ciabatta Buns.
- Du brauchst as needed of LG Hamburger Buns.
This "best odds" sauce uses simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and gives you the best chance of making an outstanding and flavorful pulled pork sandwich. When it comes to BBQ nothing beats a good, simple, pulled pork sandwich. And with this recipe, anyone can smoke a pork butt with this guaranteed "no fail" method to making the perfect pulled pork sandwich. Spread out the onions and garlic in an even layer in a roasting pan and pour in the chicken stock.
Mike's Spicy Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches Schritt für Schritt
- Here's all you'll need. Tiger Sauce ingredients not pictured. No room..
- Using a small amount of oil – pan sear your pork roast on high on all sides without burning it. Then, flip her over – fat side up..
- From your ● Pulled Pork Section – whisk two cans of your beef broth and all spices together. Pour mixture into your pot..
- Chop your vegetables from your ● Pulled Pork Section and add to your pot. Add your third can of beef broth if needed. If not, save it and, the 4th can for later as your original broth will eventually boil down. Also, slice your purple onions and refrigerate them for your garnish..
- Allow roast to simmer for at least 2 1/2 hours minimum – stove top – with a tight fitting lid. I allow mine to go for 4 hours. Carefully flip her over occasionally for even cooking and moisture retention. You'll know she's done when you can easily shred her apart with two forks. Or, the pork bone pulls out with ease..
- In the meantime, prepare your Tiger Sauce. Mix 1 medium tub Sour Cream and a small jar of a quality Horseradish Sauce. Know chives are a fantastic addition to this sauce as well if you have them on hand. Allow sauce to chill in the fridge for a few hours – stirring occasionally..
- When your roast is easily shreadable by fork – drain, but retain its delicious leftover broth. You can utilize it in almost any dish you create over the next week. Even a simple dish like Top Ramen! Pick out any fatty deposits..
- Place shredded meat mixture back into your pot and add your DELICIOUS Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce amounts to your liking and mix. Moist or dry, it's all up to you! But, we always go wet! It's unanimous! We even re-coat our sandwiches with it upon serving. Reheat shredded pork..
- Generously pile your sweet pulled pork on to your bread [you'll definitely want a sturdy bread] of choice and add your chilled purple onions. Also, drizzle your Tiger Sauce and additional SBR's on your sandwiches to taste. Top sandwiches with chilled Cole Slaw and dill pickles if desired. Or, serve pickle halves to the side. You'll need them to cut the sweetness of the SBR's. The Clausens Dill Pickle brand is absolutely the best one out there! Trust me. I know my pickles! ;0) You'll find them in your refrigerated section of your local market..
- Enjoy your Summer and your sandwiches!.
Return the shredded meat to the roasting pan. Easy slow-cooker pulled pork topped with tangy Memphis style coleslaw, dill pickles and your favorite bbq sauce. And I nearly died of food happiness. I like BBQ pulled pork, I like coleslaw, I like pickles…but together, it was on a completely different plane of food awesomeness. Get your favorite pulled pork going for this recipe loaded with juicy pork, homemade ancho bbq sauce, and quick pickled peppers served up a Texas toast.