Moms Special Jollof rice. Here's another recipe my mom let me make. Jollof rice is a meal known so well in the Nigerian community. There is never a party without Jollof rice.
Ingredients of Moms Special Jollof rice
- Es ist 4 cup of rice.
- Bereiten 2 of onion.
- Es ist 5 of tomatoes.
- Es ist 1 clove of garlic.
- Es ist 1 of ginger.
- Bereiten 2 1/2 large of carrots.
- Es ist 1 cup of peas.
- Bereiten 1 of mushrooms.
- Du brauchst 1 can of kidney beans.
- Es ist 1 kg of smoked ham.
- Du brauchst 1 of stock beef stock.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of salt.
- Es ist 1 pinch of fresh thyme.
- Es ist 1 pints of vegetable oil.
- Bereiten 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Es ist 2 1/2 cup of water.
The uniqueness of this jollof rice lies in the roasting of the bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic. See more ideas about Jollof rice, Jollof, African food. My mom always rotated this dish on a monthly basis. Jollof Rice (Jellof Rice) – a popular Nigerian one-pot dish that is bursting with flavors topped with mixed veggies and wide variety or.
Moms Special Jollof rice Anleitung
- dice onions, tomatoes ,ginger, and garlic finely.
- chop carrots.
- add oil to a large pan, then fry garlic, ginger and onion until golden brown.
- add smoked ham n fry for 3 mins.
- then add tomatoe puree.
- fry until mixture thickens up then add beef stock and tomatoes.
- leave to cook for about 12 mins unt stew thickens.
- then throw in your peas , carrots, thyme, salt ,kidney beans and water.
- then finally add your rice to the mixture and let simmer on a very low heat for about 20-25 mins until rice cooks.
Jollof rice is eaten in many parts of West Africa and is a traditional dish in Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana. So what's so special about it and which country does it best? Jollof rice is a spicy African rice dish that cooks in one pan, uses lots of veg and can be a veggie main or a side to some simply baked chicken. Spoon the jollof rice onto warmed plates and add the plantain on the side. Garnish with the chopped coriander and serve with a green salad alongside.