Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!. Pre-prepare the mince base and freeze it to make this delicious cottage pie later in the week. It's a wonderfully comforting and nutritious family meal. A new twist on the English classic Cottage pie.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Cottage Pie!
- Du brauchst of Mince.
- Es ist 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Bereiten 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Bereiten 300 ml of red wine.
- Es ist 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of mixed dried herbs.
- Bereiten 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Bereiten 2 of medium carrots, sliced.
- Du brauchst 150 grams of smoked bacon, chopped.
- Bereiten 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Bereiten of Salt.
- Bereiten of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Bereiten 500 grams of mince beef.
- Es ist of Mash.
- Es ist 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Es ist 80 grams of butter.
- Du brauchst 4 tbsp of full fat milk.
- Es ist 1 kg of sweet potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Du brauchst of Water, to boil potatoes.
- Du brauchst 1 pinch of salt.
- Bereiten of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Es ist of Grated cheddar cheese.
Taste and season, then keep to one side. Sweet Potato Cottage Pie – Rich beef mince filling with carrots, celery and onions. This healthy cottage pie recipe makes the perfect family dinner I have still used some white potatoes in the mash as it helps to dry out the sweet potato mash a little. What's the difference between Cottage Pie and.
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie! Anleitung
- Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat the oil over a medium heat. Then add the bacon, fry for 2-3 minutes until bacon is cooked. Remove the bacon and set aside..
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot to the pan to the oil, cook over a medium heat until the vegetables become soft..
- Next add the mince and cook until brown..
- Add the tin tomatoes, purée, wine, mixed herbs, the cooked bacon, the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- In the meantime, boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft. About 15 minutes..
- Drain the potatoes well and then mash. Add the mustard, milk and butter. Season with pepper and if needed more salt. (You may add another tbsp of mustard, if you prefer the taste a little stronger)..
- When ready, spoon the mince mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the mash and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese..
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5..
- Bake the pie for 30-35 minutes or until the mash has become golden brown..
- Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to serving..
Traditional British Shepherd's pie or cottage pie is basically a meat pie topped with a crust of mashed potato. As good as it is the traditional version, I've completely fallen in love with this healthier Sweet Potato Chicken Cottage Pie recipe. It's what happens when you make a ragout (which is pretty much a fancy word for beef simmered in red wine), smother it This recipe veers a little from traditional cottage pie with the inclusion of sweet potatoes in the mash, although we kept some russets in there, too, just to. Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes with Yogurt Lime Dipping Sauce. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.