Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup. Albondigas soup is a traditional Mexican meatball soup ("albondigas" means "meatballs" in Spanish) that my mother has cooked for our family for How to Make Albondigas Soup. A simple soup base is made with sautéed onions, garlic, broth, and tomatoes. Into the bubbling soup you drop.
Ingredients of Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 15 pcs of frozen meatballs.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of Beef boullion.
- It’s 4 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of misua.
- You need 1 cup of greens, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of malunggay flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
The difference between Filipino Almondigas and Mexican Albondigas soup is that the latter uses tomatoes and other vegetables in addition to the meatballs and no noodles. Albondigas Soup made with juicy, herb and rice infused meatballs (albondigas), and loaded with veggies all simmered in a bold, aromatic This Albondigas Soup recipe is hearty, warm, comforting and customizable with your favorite veggies. Albondigas Soup is make ahead friendly (tips and tricks. This is the Filipino version of the Mexican meatball soup, Albondigas.
Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant..
- Add frozen meatballs and cook for 5 minutes. Add frozen veggies and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add water and let boil. Add boullion cube..
- Add mushrooms and misua. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Then greens and malunggay. Simmer for another 5 minutes and turn off heat. Serve hot..
Almondigas is an old Filipino soup recipe made from pork meatballs and misua. I'm not sure where this recipe originates but the name of this recipe almondigas is similar to mexican meatballs called "albondigas". Since I first heard of this recipe I thought it has almonds in it but I'm mistaken. The meatballs is made with ground meat and rice. The meatballs in Filipino almondigas contain no rice.