A Soup of Beans.
Ingredients of A Soup of Beans
- Prepare of dark kidney beans.
- You need of light kidney beans.
- Prepare of pinto beans.
- You need of Cannellini beans.
- You need of sliced celery leaves incorporated.
- You need of minced garlic.
- It’s of large onion diced.
- It’s of rice vinegar.
- You need of chicken broth.
- You need of hog jawls, bacon with skin.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Prepare of rice vinegar.
- You need of butter.
- You need of summer savory.
A Soup of Beans instructions
- Slice the hog jawls into strips. Remove the skin cutting closely to the edges leaving little fat on the strips. Slice the rest of the hog jawls into small bits. Render the fat off the skin..
- Remove the skin strips and slice them into very small pieces. Add the hog jawls into the pot to render them. Dice the onions..
- Add the onion and skin bits into the pot with the rendered hog jawls, sweat the onions for 15 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and celery sauté for 10 minutes..
- Add the beans, broth, spices and vinegar. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally..
- After it has simmered 30 minutes add the butter and allow to melt covered with the heat off..