Leek, fennel and potato soup. I added fennel to give this classic leek and potato soup a little twist. It adds a sweet anise flavor that really lifts the soup and makes it different. I add bacon to give an extra level of complexity.
Ingredients of Leek, fennel and potato soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 cups of chopped leeks.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped fennel.
- You need 1 L of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s of Fennel fronds and tarragon for garnishing.
Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon. Though hot soups aren't typical summer fare, there are plenty of great soup ingredients out there right now – young fennel bulbs, leeks, potatoes – and To give things a more summery feel than a typical potato-leek soup, I've tweaked my standard recipe and riced the potatoes for a silky texture, added. I have a soup thing and make some kind of soup at least once a week. In the summer and even into early fall, I love to make cold soups (gazpacho, cucumber) and sip them when While both children are occupied, that's my time to cook so I make the most of it!
Leek, fennel and potato soup step by step
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Sauté 3 cups of chopped leeks and 2 cups of chopped fennel..
- When these turn translucent, add 1 L of water and a chicken bouillon cube. Bring to a boil..
- Add 2 diced Yukon Gold potatoes. Simmer until potatoes become very tender..
- Add salt to taste and fennel fronds and tarragon to garnish. Here’s a photo of the puréed version..
Fennel and potatoes can be found year round, so you can enjoy this soup anytime. It would be especially delicious for the autumn and winter holiday menus, making a flavorful starter soup to begin your holiday feast. This recipe is a true keeper and a welcome addition to the recipe collection. Alton Brown's Leek Potato Soup, or vichyssoise, is equally delicious hot or cold, from Good Eats on Food Network. Add broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil.