Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Ingredients of Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (boneless skinless)= I boil mine.
- You need 5-6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 14 oz of can chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cups of milk (I use Horizon organic 2%).
- You need 1 cup of prepared salsa.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can black beans.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of taco seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix.
Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup step by step
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened..
- Add the flour and stir well. Cooking for 1 more minute..
- Add the broth and the milk..
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and oregano seasoning. ((I make my own salsa. So that's the prepared salsa I use.)) Add salt if needed..
- Add tortilla strips, sour cream and shredded cheese. I use fritos and crush them up in a bag and add garlic powder to them..