Pumpkin soup aka Crema di zucca (light version). When is ready we filter and we keep in a bowl aside all of the boiled water we had in our pot and with a minipimer we squash the mix of potatoes, pumpkin and onion till we have a nice. Creamy pumpkin soup delicious, easy to make and vegan! Lovely autumn soup, great served with some croutons.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup aka Crema di zucca (light version)
- It’s 1.3 kg of pumpkin.
- You need 2 of small potatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 3 leaves of sage.
- Prepare 70 gr of cubes of smoked pancetta as topping.
- You need of Nutmeg as much as we want.
- You need of Parmesan cheese as topping.
Part one – an apple cake with apple cider honey zabaglione. Yes, yes, we're featuring two soup recipes in a row on The Jew & The Carrot – but what is fall without an abundance of warm, creamy soups?! This pumpkin soup recipe is creamy AND healthy! Meet my favorite pumpkin soup recipe.
Pumpkin soup aka Crema di zucca (light version) instructions
- We cut in medium pieces the pumpkin, onion and potatoes. We add salt l, sage and 1 lt of water. We let it boil in high fire..
- When its boiled we reduce the heat in medium fire and and we leave it to cook until the pumpkin is soft, (around 20 minutes). When is ready we filter and we keep in a bowl aside all of the boiled water we had in our pot and with a minipimer we squash the mix of potatoes, pumpkin and onion till we have a nice creamy result. If it's too thick we add some of the boiled water we kept aside..
- When the mix is creamy we adjust if needed salt and we add nutmeg and pepper as much as we want. We keep stirring with the minipimer till pepper and nutmeg are dissolved..
- We can keep the remaining water as vegetable broth for soups.
- Final step: In a pan we cook the pancetta cubes till they become crispy and with a nice color. We keep it aside in order to add it in our dish or we add it in the pot, depends if you want pancetta in your soup or not..
- We serve the soup and we add either pancetta on top or parmigiano. Enjoy!.
Pour the pumpkin puree into a deep saucepan, add the stock, and bring to a boil. Cut the remaining butter into thin slices and float them on the soup. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top. Even without added cream, pumpkin soup takes on a luxuriously velvety texture after it's simmered and pureed. This creamy pumpkin soup is a fall favorite.