15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. You're going to love this slow cooker soup, full of tender beans, Cajun seasonings, and chunks of Andouille sausage. Original Recipe from Buns in My Oven. This spicy black bean soup recipe is quick and easy, made with spicy andouille or another smoked sausage, black beans, tomatoes, and vegetables.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- Prepare 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 4 cups of filtered water.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of ham hock.
- It’s 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- You need of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of For rice 👇.
- You need 3 cups of white instant rice.
- You need 3 cups of filtered water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
Instant Pot (or slow cooker) Cajun Sausage and Beans. Jalapeno Popper Bacon and Bean Soup Recipe : A creamy bean and bacon soup done jalapeno popper style with cream cheese and cheddar. Turkey smoked sausage is great in this recipe! Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion until lightly browned.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice step by step
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Place sausage in the pot, and pour in water. Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean mixture is I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite! Our first step was to ditch the flavoring packets that come with these soup mixes beca. Vegan, high protein, tasty & easily made in the slow cooker, instant pot or on the stove.