Pork and Veggies in Broth : Traditional Filipino Nilaga Soup.
Ingredients of Pork and Veggies in Broth : Traditional Filipino Nilaga Soup
- You need 1/2 of k pork, cheaper cuts are okay.
- It’s 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 of garlic head, sliced lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 2-3 cups of water.
- It’s Handful of Peppercorns.
- You need 1/2 of Pork broth cube.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 bowl of mixed veggies.
Pork and Veggies in Broth : Traditional Filipino Nilaga Soup instructions
- Salt pork and boil in water (if lean, tougher cuts) for 30-40 minutes with pepercorns, broth cube, garlic, onions and bay leaves..
- Taste soup and adjust with salt or broth cube..
- Drop in mixed veggies and cook 6-7 mins more. Traditional ones are: green beans, sliced cabbage, wombok, bok choy/pechay and quartered potatoes(add these earlier). Some also put in halved (and peeled) saba bananas or pre-cooked corn cob(cut) – which adds sweetness to the soup, if you prefer that..
- Enjoy and scoop over hot rice..