Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. Well, yes – but that honestly depends on your diet and nutrition goals. I've listed the nutrition under the recipe card, but briefly – bean soup is a great source. Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- It’s 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Prepare of Optional 👇.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- It’s 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- You need 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Prepare of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- You need of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- It’s of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
If you're wanting to make dried beans for dinner but you're in a hurry you can make them fairly quickly. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Fifteen Bean Soup.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta step by step
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
I used the leftover ham bone from Christmas supper (with LOTS of meat left on it), and some extra cooked ham – added near the end. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it. The tomatoes and the chicken broth give the beans such a great flavor. Stove Top Method – Slow Cooker Method – Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Method. My family enjoys this soup after the holidays and on cold winter nights.