Easy spaghetti eggplant bolognese. Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. This is designed to be a low cost recipe.
Ingredients of Easy spaghetti eggplant bolognese
- Prepare of Eggplant diced into 1” cubes.
- Prepare of Pasta sauce.
- It’s of Chopped shallots or onion.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- You need leaves of Bay (bay leaves).
- You need of Cumin (origano).
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Mushrooms powder.
- Prepare of Chili flake (optional).
- It’s of Cayenne pepper (optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt pepper.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Spaghetti.
Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the pasta and bring back to the boil. Add the eggplant, peppers, and onions back to the pan with the meat, pour in the tomato sauce, add the oregano, and some black pepper and bring to a simmer. The flavor of this hearty sauce is as equally tasty over cooked whole grains or spaghetti squash as it is over pasta. Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions with a splash of SuperValu olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Easy spaghetti eggplant bolognese step by step
- Heat up the non-stick pan add the onion and garlic. Splash with water to avoid burn. Keep sauted until the onion or shallots soft and tender..
- Add the eggplant and keep sauted. Add some more water and mixed well. Add the bay leaves then cover with the lids and put it in the simmer, until the eggplants are tender..
- Add the pasta sauce, thyme, cumin, mushrooms powder, chili flake, cayenne pepper, and pepper..
- Mixed well, and simmer until it’s done. Season with salt. Taste it before turn off the heat..
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside..
- Transfer some of spaghetti into a plate or bowl. Top with eggplant mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley..
- Enjoy the easy hearty vegetarian spaghetti eggplant bolognese with your family..
- ❤️Happy Cooking ❤️.
Reserve some of the cooking water, drain and pour the pasta into the pan along with the sauce. Toss together, thinning with pasta water, if needed, and serve with the extra basil leaves with Parmesan. Leave slow cooked bolognese for when you have time, and rather make this easy spaghetti bolognese before your tired feet give out. This recipe still has all the makings of great bolognese, wine soaked meat not to be overlooked, and will certainly get everyone around the table with eager appetites. A delicious easy spaghetti bolognese recipe is a family classic and requires minimal effort for maximum reward.