Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.. Sprouts and chestnuts are naturals together. Adding orange is a touch of genius. Roasted chestnuts are one of the many reasons to love autumn cooking.
Ingredients of Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart.
- You need 200 grams of ready made shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 7 of cooked brussels sprouts.
- It’s 200 grams of cooked chicken.
- It’s 100 grams of precooked chestnuts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 150 ml of double cream.
- Prepare 150 ml of creme fraiche.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Brussels Sprout, Chestnut, Chicken Broth, Side Dish, Fall. Rinse and trim the brussels sprouts. Rinse under cold water, and drain well. Sauté the chestnuts in a hot pan with melted butter.
Brussels sprout, chestnuts and chicken tart. instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll out pastry on a floured board to about 3mm thick..
- Line an 8 inch flan dish with the pastry and place in the fridge for 15 mins.
- When chilled, fill with parchment paper and baking beans and cook for ten mins. Remove beans and paper after this time and cook for further 5 mins until dry..
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the filling..
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, quarter the sprouts and separate the chestnuts…
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, yolk and cream lightly to mix. Add creme fraiche and season generously..
- Place chicken, chestnuts and sprouts in the case. Pour the egg mixture over the top..
- Return to the oven for 12 mins until the custard is set and golden in colour..
- Eat warm or cold. :-).
Add the brussels sprouts, then pour in the wine and stock. Simmer gently, then stir in the balsamic. Take a bowl and mix water and corn starch until they are smooth. Add chicken stock and stir the mixture well. Chestnuts and Brussels sprouts are a classic pair–the toasty, rich nuts balance the sprouts.