Basic Tart Crust.
Ingredients of Basic Tart Crust
- It’s 250 grams of ☆Cake flour.
- Prepare 40 grams of ☆Almond powder.
- You need 120 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 70 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Egg yolk.
Basic Tart Crust instructions
- Bring the butter to room temperature to soften. Sift together the ☆ ingredients..
- Using a whisk, thoroughly mix together the butter and sugar until white and fluffy..
- Mix in the egg yolks one at a time, mixing until evenly distributed..
- Switch to a rubber spatula. Add the ☆ ingredients. Fold together in wide circles, scraping from the bottom, until combined..
- After mixing for a while, it should become crumbly..
- Bring it together with your hands into a single lump..
- Wrap cleanly with plastic wrap, then put into a plastic bag and let chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour~overnight..
- Once the dough has chilled, rub to soften. Sandwich between two layers of plastic wrap, then use a rolling pin to roll it out to 4mm thickness..
- Remove the top layer of plastic wrap. Lightly oil a tart mold, then place on top of the dough..
- Use the bottom layer of plastic wrap to flip it over. Use your finger to press the dough into the tart mold..
- Roll the rolling pin over the tart mold to cut off the excess dough..
- Poke holes in the dough with a fork..
- Line the top of the dough with kitchen parchment paper, then fill with baking stones..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180℃ for 18 minutes. If you're making an egg tart or almond tart, this is the step up until you'd bake the cream with the tart crust..
- Remove the stones and bake at 180℃ for another 10 minutes. If making a tart with unbaked cream, please add it after this second round of baking..
- After the second round of baking, let the tart cool. It's convenient if you wrap with plastic while still in the mold, place in a plastic bag with a zip seal, and place in the freezer!.
- This is an egg tart made from the first baking at Step 14. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145453-rich-egg-tarts.
- This is a baked cream cheese tart made from the first baking at Step 14. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145475-rich-baked-cheesecake-tarts.
- This is an almond tart made from the first baking at Step 14. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156189-almond-cream-tart.
- This is a no-bake cheesecake tart made from the second baking at Step 15. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145510-rich-no-bake-cheesecake-tarts.
- This is a small apple and sweet potato tart made from the crust dough at Step 7. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145228-small-apple-and-sweetened-sweet-potato-tarts.