Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts ..
Ingredients of Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts .
- You need 400 grams of sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of sheets puff pastry.
- You need 3 of pieces short crust bacon.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- Prepare 250 grams of ricotta or feta cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of cracked black pepper.
Amy's Sweet Potato and Ricotta Tarts . instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C \ 360°F and line an oven tray with baking paper and lightly drizzle with olive oil ..
- Peel the sweet Potatoes and cut them into bite size pieces then place them onto paper lined oven tray and then drizzle them with olive oil and season well with cracked sea salt and cracked black pepper and place tray into the Preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until golden , remove from heat and leave to cool ..
- Cut the bacon into very small pieces and place some oil in a fry pan , once heated add the prepared bacon to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned , remove from the pan and leave to cool and drain of any oil ..
- lightly oil a pie or flan tin with oil then lay the pastry over dish and gently push pastry into place in the dish , cut a little of the excess pastry off if any but leaving a little hanging over the sides . prick base with a fork all round and line with baking paper and fill paper with rice or beans to stop the center from rising . place in Preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden , remove from heat and leave to cool slightly ..
- In a bowl whisk the eggs then add the cream and whisk together now add the bacon , chives and 3/4 of the crumbled cheese and mix well to combine all ..
- Fill precooked pastry shell with the precooked sweet potatoes all through the bottom then pour the egg mixture over and into the sweet potato filled tart shells and top with the rest of the crumbled cheese and place in Preheat oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed . serve hot with fresh salad leaves . enjoy . 🙂 ..