Vegan Tart Crust.
Ingredients of Vegan Tart Crust
- It’s 100 grams of Strong (bread) flour (if you don't have it all-purpose flour will do. Cake flour is ok as well, though it may result in a crumbly tart base).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of ※Check the amount of water (or soy milk) and baking time and adjust.
- You need 1 of for a crispier tart crust use 45 ml water, for a moist crust use 55 ml. the pictures shown here are of the "moist" version. Water (or soy milk).
Vegan Tart Crust step by step
- Add the strong bread flour and the olive oil to a bowl. Gently mix with a fork..
- When the mixture looks crumbly, as in the photo, add the water..
- Quickly mix and gather the mixture into a ball..
- Roll the dough from Step 3 out until roughly 3 mm thick. There's no need to let it rest for this recipe..
- As in the photo, you should see a faint marble pattern on the crust, one of the keys to the deliciousness of this crust..
- Mould the crust into the tart pan and remove the excess crust..
- Prick the crust several times with a fork to allow air to escape easily during baking..
- Bake the crust in an oven preheated to 200°C for 10-13 minutes (for a moist finish). If you want a crispier crust, reduce the baking time by 1-2 minutes but remember to keep an eye on it..
- While it's baking, take the crust out of the oven once and pierce any air bubbles with a fork..
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool. Then just fill it with whatever you like..